Chartiste and former member of the French School of Rome, it supported in 1972 a thesis of doctorate on popular risings in the south-west of France at the 17th century. He is the author of Crunching and Flip-flop , published in 1974. In this book it develops strong antagonism between the “good cities” and “lowland”, namely between middle-class man and country world in France of XVIe at the XIXe century.
In 1998, the whole of its work was distinguished by the Laurain-Portemer price.
Arts doctor, having a diploma for the occupation of palaeographer.
1963-1975 : Conservative with the Public records
- 1975-1979: Professor at the university of Limoges
- 1979-1989: Professor at the university of Rheims
- 1989: Professor at the university Paris Iv-Sorbonne
- 1992-2001: Director of the National school of the charters
- 1991: Visiting Professor at the university of Mineapolis (the United States)
- 2001: Correspondent of the Academy of the inscriptions and the humanities
|Random links:||Canton of Saint-Germain-in-Bush hammer-South | Volcanic index of explosiveness | Valence (immunology) | Drum' S Not Dead | Abbey Notre-Dame de Carnoët | Comté_de_Haldimand,_Ontario|