is a port city Japan ease, capital of the Préfecture of Kanagawa. Yokohama has the statute of city indicated by the government.
GeographyYokohama is located at 30km in the south of Tōkyō, in the Baie of Tōkyō. Yokohama is the second city of Japan, with a population of 3.584.428 inhabitants for a surface of 437.38 km ² (2006). The coast of Yokohama is particularly famous for its high content in fish, of the fishermen of all the area go there.
EconomyYokohama forms today, with Kawasaki and Tōkyō, large the Région of Kantō the most populated world. Its international port remains still one of its main activities. Raw materials there are imported and one exports end products and silk there. Yokohama is also an important center of the maritime transport of passenger. It is also an important hearth of heavy industry (iron and steel industry, cars, naval…)
- the Landmark Tower, in the district of the Minato Reflected 21, is the most building of Japan.
- the Yokohama International Stadium accommodated the final of the Football world cup 2002.
- the district of Chinatown is the largest Chinese district of the Japan, it has more than 150 years and fact office of Chinese district tokyoïte.
- Yokohama also shelters the zoological garden of Yokohama , commonly called Zoorasia, and the zoo of Nogeyama
- In the beginning an insolated village of the hill of Tama, Yokohama developed finally thanks to the opening of sound port. It is in particular the “treaty of the trade and navigation” between Japan and the the United States in 1859 which makes it possible Yokohama to become a big city of the country. Its center town developed around the district of Kannai (not far from the port). This time, Yokohama inherited many buildings of Western style and a rather rare cosmopolitan environment in Japan.
- the city underwent in 1923 a terrible earthquake which will make approximately 30.000 dead.
- Yoshiaki Kawajiri, film producer and series of animation, born in 1950 in Yokohama.
- Alfred Gerard, industrial French who remained in Yokohama of 1863 to 1878.
DistrictsThe town of Yokohama is divided into 18 districts.
Lines JR Japan Raillway East
Lines of the Network Keikyu
Lines of the Network Sotetsu
Lines of the Network Tōkyū
- San Diego, California with the the United States
- Mumbai in India
- Odessa in Ukraine
- Lyon in France
- Shanghai in China
- Manila with the Filipino
- Vancouver, Colombia-British with the Canada
- Bremen in Germany
- Constanţa in Romania
- Official site of the town of tourist Yokohama
- Official site of Yokohama
- Pages Yokohama practices Useful informations for the daily life with Yokohama: shopping, health, tourism.
|Random links:||Empresa de USS | International astronomical union | Pliocene | Radio operator rock'n'roll | Orange Jason | DaN DeCarlo|