Sometimes one finds in French the English denomination: the fifties , taking into account the economic and cultural radiation of the the United States, large winner of the Second world war at the time of the previous decade.
Inventions, discoveries, introductions
- thermonuclear Bomb (1952);
- Vaccine against the Poliomyelitis (1954);
- television color by Peter Carl Goldmark (1950);
- Discovered structure in double helix of DNA (1953);
- Computer programming language COBOL (1959).
- the poutine.
Economy & company
- France/continuation of the glorious Thirty . The productivity gains increase by 5% per annum on average of 1949 with 1963. The working purchasing power will be multiplied by more than 2 between 1949 and 1967 and by 3,2 of 1949 with 1976.
- the United Kingdom: Remarkable economic period of growth (1951 - 1964): GNP increases by 2,8% per annum on average and the national revenue passes from 12 to 40 billion £. Inflation remains lower than 2,5% on average. Unemployment rate does not exceed 2,5% of the active population. The income per head passes from 200 to 500£ and the real wages increase on average by 29%.
- Italy: Economic miracle. Double GDP between 1951 and 1963 and the industrial production make more than to double. This economic explosion is largely turned towards export (FIAT, Olivetti, Montecatini-Edison…). The structure of Italian industry (small industries) is capable of quick change, “to stick well” to the market, and can accompany the “boom” by the Scooter S, of the washing machines and by the Réfrigérateur S. Of 1950 with 1970, the income per head increases in Italy more quickly than in all Europe except for the FRG.
- West Germany: Wirtschaftswunder
- Japan: High growth of the Japanese economy (8,6% per annum of 1953 with 1973). Japanese industry starts into large its rebuilding.
- Africa: Formation of a class of natives evolved/moved with the Belgian Congo: from 1950 at 1958, the employee jobs pass from 26 050 with 68 498 in the private sector, of 18 911 with 45 812 in the public sector and the number of indigenous companies is multiplied by 9, passing from 5 067 with 44 825.
Simple: 1950s Zh-yue: 1950 年代
|Random links:||Bizanos | Martin WaldseemÃ¼ller | Noë-les-Mallets | Rowing Lausanne Club | François Pierre Chauvel | François Thomazeau|