Inventions, discoveries, introductions
List of French films left in the years 1910, and before
- American Cinema, in the years 1910
Resurgence of the worship Bwiti at the Fang with the Gabon and in Spanish Guinea, when they enter in contact with the White. The priests fang tell that Zame ye Mebege, wire of the single god Mebege, creator of the universe, would have been sent on ground to teach the men: he speaks initially with the white man, who listens to his message attentively, then turns to the black man, but cannot complete its speech and is reminded the sky before to have been able to deliver the essence of its teaching. This inequality of knowledge makes it possible the white man to control the world. The believers of the bwiti recommend a return to the ancestral life.
Economy & company
- mining exports represent more than 80% of South-African exports. The production of diamonds accounts for 70,92% of the worldwide production, that of gold 50,9% in 1921, 51,4% in 1930. In 1913, 15% only of the capital of the mining companies is held by from the South-Africans, but 40% in the years 1930.
Collapse of the Trans-Saharan trade. The nomads owe sédentariser.
The United States
- Production of 25 million tons of steel, 500 000 tons of copper (electricity).
- Ten million American Blacks, of which 9 million lives in the South.
- the incomes of the black workers correspond to the third of those of the White. Eight million women works (4 million in 1890). They represent the fifth of total labor.
- the money represents a third of the export earnings of the Mexico in the years 1910, gold counts for 15%, copper and the sisal plant for 10% each one.
- 19 205 kilometers of railways to the Mexico.
- From 80% to 95% of the Mexican peasants is deprived of grounds. 8 341 haciendas gather more than five million inhabitants. The peones, tiny room to the state of quasi-serfdom, are involved in debt with life in the tiendas of striped which have each hacienda. The small property remains and from many peasants will gain additional wages with the hacienda. In the north of the country, the great landowners must even offer grounds to the peasants so that they resist the attraction of the wages offered to the the United States.
- the Amazon forest provides almost half of the world rubber.
- Sustained high growth and beginning of industrialization in the years 1910 - 1914 in Colombia, Argentinian, with the Chile and the Brazil.
- 34% of the Germans has less than 15 years (for French 25%). 60% of the Germans live in cities of more than 10 000 inhabitants. 48 cities of more than 100 000 inhabitants gather 1/5 of the total population. Germany counts 1,26 million foreigners of which almost the half of Polish.
- the merchant fleet Dutchwoman doubled since 1890. Navigation on the the Rhine quintupled.
- 39,6 million inhabitants in France, including 1,2 million foreigners. The population stagnates with a birth rate of 20,2 ‰ and a death rate of 19,6 ‰ (1906 - 1911).
- France: 40 600 km of railroad, more 9 600 km of lines of local interest. 53 000 km of trunk roads and departmental, more 540 000 km of local roads.
- 17 000 km of railways in Italy.
- the Portuguese population does not reach the 6 million inhabitants. Of 1911 with 1913, 226 000 people emigrate of the Portugal (90 000 in 1912), majority towards Brazil.
- exports and the imports have more than sextuplet since 1801. The imports are dominated by the food products (38%) and the basic commodities for industry, exports by the manufactured goods, except for coal (8,7%). 45% of exports are done bound for Europe and of the United States. More than 60% of the imports come from it.
- the life expectancy exceeds 50 years. Death rate passed from 23 ‰ in 1851 to 15 ‰. The English population starts a process of ageing slowly.
- Plus one English out of two regularly goes to the sea bathings, causing the growth of the balneal cities (Blackpool passes from 4 000 inhabitants in 1861 with 58 000, Bournemouth of 1 900 with 79 000).
- Census in Austria-Hungary (1910): the empire counts 51 390 000 inhabitants including 55% in Cisleithanie, 41% in Hungary and 4% in Bosnia-Herzégovine. 23,9% speak German, 20,2% Hungarian 47,2% of the Slavic languages. The Juifs account for 4,5% of the population of the empire.
- the Hungary (without the autonomous Croatia) account 18,3 million inhabitants, including 54,5% of Magyars, 10,4% of Germans, 10,7% the Slovak ones, 16,1% of Roumanians and more than 8% of Ruthéniens, Serb and different. The 900.000 Jews declare themselves Magyar in majority.
- Budapest account 881 600 inhabitants.
- Three million Roumanians lives in the empire. The old province of Transylvania is populated of 1,5 million Roumanians, that is to say 55% of the inhabitants for Hungarian 34% and Szeklers and German 9%. 600 000 Roumanians form 37% of the population of the countries of Marmaros, Szatmar and Bihar. 835 000 Roumanians populate the Banat (42% of the inhabitants), 275 000 the Bucovine (35% of the inhabitants).
600 factories employ 89 000 people in Slovakia. Food industry (sugar refineries, distillings, flour mills) dominates.
- In Hungary, the primary sector occupies 62,4% of the population and industry 17%. 5000 great landowners share 27% of the cultivated grounds.
|Random links:||Make-up (Islam) | Christian trade unionism | List bishops of Osogbo | Elaine Cunningham | Isbank Tower 1|