, the island Japan ease of Yaku is located at the south of Kyūshū. With pentagonal form, this mountainous island is covered with dense a Forêt primary mainly made up of Sugi (杉 Cryptomeria japonica Japanese or cedar), of which most known is the Yaku-sugi (屋久杉) or Jōmonsugi because of its age estimated at approximately 7000 years (according to the legend, 2300 years according to the scientific estimate: it is what is written with the foot of the tree.) and which would thus date from the Jōmon period. It is located at the center of the island and a walk of ten hour approximately on marked out paths makes it possible to reach it. Several of these cedars would have a few thousands of years, like Yayoi-sugi (of the Yayoi time). The island is called “ Sekai Issan ”, which results in “world heritage”. The island is registered with the world heritage of UNESCO.
Means of accessThe two fastest means to reach this island are:
- the Hydroplane Jetfoil ( toppi ) --puns with fish flying in Japanese-- who metune night with the alley, with a stopover and 5 hours with the return (at a cruising speed of 80 km/h) of Kagoshima to the one of the two ports served on the island (Miyanoura or Anbo). The price of an one-way ticket is of 7.000 Yens (5000 for the students. Attention, according to the schedules, this boat has courses different (passage by Ibusuki and the island of Tanegashima) and from the different final destinations (Miyanoura (northern) or Anbo (is)).
- the plane, by JAC, subsidiary of JAL serving the islands, starting from the airport of Kagoshima. It is necessary to count 40 minutes of plane for approximately 11.000 Yens (one-way ticket). The correspondence by the airport of Kagoshima seems inevitable.
CuriositiesThis island is a tourist destination appraisal by the Japanese.
- Animal: One can cross in any point of the island of the monkeys (macaques) and the deer, which are the only large animals on the island. These animals are not at all apprehensive. It is frequent that groups of monkeys are épouillent in edge of road. Certain observatories in seaside, it would be possible to observe dolphins.
- Corals and plunged: although many less rich than the archipelagoes Okinawa or Yaeyama, there are some possibilities.
- Stroll: The very many ones stroll are possible. The paths of principal stroll are overloaded. For that driving in Jōmon, it arrives towards 6:30 of morning 5 to 10 buses instead of the departure. The duration of this strolls, at the rate/rhythm of the guides, is approximately 9:30 with 10:00. It is possible to make it in 7:30, while being well involved. To note that water is considered drinkable in the mountain, which can make it possible to avoid taking care too much. Attention, it rains almost the every day: in Japanese, there is an expression which says that it rains 35 days per month with Yakushima! You can also visit the forest which inspired Miyazaki for the film " Mononoke" princess; and which is called besides " Mononoke No mori" (forest of Mononoke).
- Vegetation: Yakushima has about fifty kinds of particular flowers in the island as several hundreds of rare foams (with which certain forest are entirely covered). Curiosity remains Himeshara, a tree of orange color, whose sap is cold. The driver of the bus which leads to the entry of the hiking trail in addition invites to tighten the tree in its arms when one is too hot, with the risk to appear very strange…
- Onsens: That would be Japan without its onsens… Yakushima has of them some which are worth the turning, in particular that which is located at the south of the island. The stone basin was built in the sea. It costs 100 yens and it is mixed. In addition it is accessible 24/24h and makes it possible to attend the sunsets.
|Random links:||Diocese of Doba | Masako Okada | Jason Reso | Raymond de Barrau | Cozy Powell | La_Russell,_Missouri|