Xavier Darcos is a French politician and senior official.
Since May 18th, 2007, Xavier Darcos is Minister for State education in the government Fillon.
Origins and family
After its studies with the college of Périgueux and the university of Bordeaux, it becomes qualified schoolteacher of traditional letters and obtains then its doctorate of third cycle in letters and social sciences.
He teaches in Périgueux since 1968, then becomes professor of Khâgne to the Lycée Michel-Montaigne with Bordeaux (1982-1987) and to the Louis-the-Large Lycée in Paris (1987-1992).
He is, in 1992, general inspector of State education and, of 1994 with 1995, principal private secretary of the Minister for State education, Francois Bayrou, adviser for education and the culture of Alain Juppe Prime Minister of 1995 with 1997, senior of the general inspection of the State education of 1995 with 1998, finally, professor associated with comparative literature with the university Sorbonne of 1996 with 1999.
Widower of Beaudry Marie-Lily, of which it had two children, Romain and Eve-Geraldine, it remarié on April 10th, 1999 with Laure Driant (For the anecdote she is the back-back little girl of the Général Baker), with which he had a boy, Gabriel, Mrs Laure Darcos is today principal private secretary associated near the Minister for education Mr Darcos.
He is the author of biographies, in particular that of Mérimée, but also specialist in the history and the theories of the school and the Latin historian Tacite.
- 1989 - 1997: assistant of the mayor of Périgueux in charge of the culture
- 1997 - 2002: mayor of Périgueux following Yves Guéna.
- 1998 - 2002: Senator of the Dordogne
- 2002 - 2005: first assistant of the mayor of Périgueux
- March 2004: regional adviser of Aquitanian
- September 2005: mayor of Périgueux
- Member of the RPR and then of UMP
- national secretary in UMP in charge of the culture (since March 2006).
- In 1993, he was principal private secretary of Francois Bayrou to the Minister of education main road.
- May 2002 - March 2004: deputy secretary with secondary education, near Luc Ferry. Dissensions between them conduirent with the reference of the minister and the nomination of Xavier Darcos at another station.
- March 2004 - June 2005: deputy secretary with the foreign affairs (co-operation, francophonie) until the arrival of Dominique de Villepin which wanted to get rid of faithful of Alain Juppe.
- starting from June 2005: Ambassador of France near OECD
- since May 18th 2007: Minister for State education in the Government Francois Fillon (renewed in the Government Francois Fillon 2 on June 19th, 2007).
Then young aggregate professor of letters of the Laure-Gatet college of Périgueux, the future minister is at the time also Member of the academic Commission which chooses the subjects of the examinations. But shortly after the behavior of French the Anticipated Tests of the month of June 1982, of the charges of escapes which would have profited with certain candidates from the city are quickly carried against the professor. Seized of the business, the vice-chancellor of the academy of Bordeaux pronounces the cancellation of the test in the city, orders an administrative survey and deposits felt sorry for against Xavier Darcos, then accused.
It will appear to the investigators that Xavier Darcos had actually made work her pupils, a few days before the vat, on a subject very close to the one of the three proposed to the candidates. The future minister is accused and quoted to appear on May 30th, 1983 before the Court of Bankruptcy of Périgueux. Justice had however estimated that, the subjects having been finally selected on several lists of proposals, nobody could envisage in an unquestionable way which would be the three subjects finally suggested to the candidates and pronounced the release of Xavier Darcos. Some 670 candidates, as for them, had received a new convocation for a new test in October.
|Random links:||Directory Web | Thymidine triphosphate | Province of Diego-Suarez | Stephen Hanessian | Air base 251 Stamps-Mondésir | Mycète_de_corail|