- War in Afghanistan
- Summit of the Earth of Johannesburgh (2002)
- War in Iraq
- israélo-Lebanese Conflict of 2006
January 1st 2002: passage to the fiduciary Euro for 12 European countries. Total passage to March 1st, 2002.
First fortnight of August 2003: exceptional Heat wave.
2005 : application of the procedure aiming at making approve the project of European Constitutional treaty (TCE). In France, being given the very strong implications on the Institution S Frenchwomen, and in accordance with the spirit of the Constitution of 1958, the president Jacques Chirac required that the project of European Constitutional treaty is approved by the Peuple, by the procedure of the referendum envisaged in the French Constitution under these conditions. May 29th 2005, the TCE is rejected by the people at the time of the Référendum by nearly 55% to the voices.
June 2007: legislative Elections in Belgium. The country remains several months without Gouvernement and one evokes regularly there the Flemish Séparatisme between (Néerlandophones) and Wallons (Francophones)
Tsunami of December 26th, 2004
- George Walker Bush
- Usama Bin Laden
- Tony Blair
- Ariel Sharon
- Vladimir Poutine
- Jacques Chirac
- Jean-Paul II
- Saddam Hussein
- Nicolas Sarkozy
Inventions, discoveries, introductions, problems
Development of Internet and data processing general public; the Ordinateur becomes a as essential element in the hearth as a television.
- Acceleration and confirmation of the Climate change.
- Tensions Geopolitical S: very discussed “Shock of civilizations” (Samuel Huntington) related to religious, frontier and economic tensions (natural resources).
- Discovered presence of Water on Mars.
- Generalization of the cellphones.
- Development and miniaturization of electronic devices.
- First clerk'ss office of the face.
- Appearance and expansion without end of television reality
Astronomical events occurred or envisaged with the 21e century
- November 8th 2006: Transit of Mercury.
- 2009 : Triple conjunction Jupiter - Neptune.
- 2010/2011: Triple conjunction Jupiter Uranus.
- Wednesday June 6th 2012: Venus transit; the second (and the last) of this century.
- May 9th 2016: Mercury transit.
- November 11th 2019: Mercury transit.
- 2024 (at more or less 5 years): next return envisaged of comet of 12P/Pons-Brooks.
- 2025/2026: Triple conjunction Saturn-Neptune.
- Friday April 13rd 2029: The asteroid 99942 Apophis (better known initially under its provisional designation of 2004 MN4) will pass to 30.000 km of the Ground.
- November 13rd 2032: Mercury transit.
- 2037/2038: Triple Jupiter-Uranus conjunction.
- November 7th 2039: Mercury transit.
- 2041/2042: Triple conjunction Mars - Uranus.
- October 1st 2044: Screening of Régulus by Venus. The last time it was on July 7th, 1959. After 2044 the next screening of Régulus by Venus will take place on October 21st, 3187, no matter what certain sources indicate the October 6th 2271.
- 2047/2048: Triple Jupiter-Neptune conjunction.
- May 7th 2049: Mercury transit.
- November 9th 2052: Mercury transit.
- July 2061: Next return of Halley's Comet.
- 2063 : Triple conjunction March-Uranus.
- November 11th 2065: Mercury transit.
- November 22nd, 2065: with 12:45 UTC, Venus will occult Jupiter. This screening will be the first screening of a planet by another (sight of the Earth) since January 3rd, 1818. It will be very difficult to observe, because of the elongation of only 7° of 2 planets with respect to the Sun.
- 2066 : Triple Jupiter-Uranus conjunction.
- July 15th 2067: with 11:56 UTC, Mercure will occult Neptune. This rare event will be very difficult to observe, on the one hand weak elongation (solar) of Mercury, and on the other hand the magnitude of Neptune (magnitude ~9) which is always higher (but lower luminous intensity) than the limit of visiblity to the naked eye (magnitude 6).
- 2071/2072: Triple conjunction March-Neptune.
- November 14th 2078: Mercury transit.
- 2079 : Triple Saturn-Uranus conjunction.
- August 11th 2079: with 01:30 UTC, Mercure will occult Mars.
- Friday November 10th 2084: Transit of the Earth (and the Moon) visible since Mars, the first and only in this century. And will be - perhaps - the first whose future colinisateurs of Mars will observe it?
- November 7th 2085: Mercury transit.
- 2085/2086: Triple Jupiter-Neptune conjunction.
- October 27th 2088: with 13:43 UTC, Mercure will occult Jupiter.
- 2088/2089: Triple conjunction March-Neptune.
- 2093 : Triple Jupiter-Uranus conjunction.
- April 7th 2094: with 10:48 UTC, Mercure will occult Jupiter.
- May 8th 2095: Mercury transit.
- November 10th 2098: Mercury transit.
Sport Olympic Games
- the very first plays of the 21e century are the plays of winter of Salt Lake City, the first plays of winter of the century and the first plays general. The first plays of summer are the plays of Athens 2004.
- Winter Olympics of 2002 of Salt Lake City
- Olympic Games of summer of 2004 of Athens
- Winter Olympics 2006 of Turin
- Olympic Games of summer of 2008 of Beijing
- Winter Olympics of 2010 of Vancouver
- Olympic Games of summer of 2012 of London
- Winter Olympics of 2014 of Sotchi
Years 2000 in France
- List of the centuries
- Roman numerals
Beats-smg: XXI omžios Be-X-old: 21 стагодзьдзе Fiu-vro: 21. aastagasada Nds-nl: 21e eeuw Simple: 21st century Zh-min-nan: 21 -kí Zh-yue: 21 世紀
|Random links:||Hanover 96 | Abbas Kiarostami | Sidney Mr. Cohen | Dániel Gyurta | Sandy Skoglund|