Guayaquil is the most important port of Ecuador, founded in 1537 by Francisco de Orellana (which will discover the the Amazon later). With the census of 2001, it counted 2.189.865 inhabitants. With the same date, the metropolitan population was estimated at 2.908.338 people.
Although Guayaquil is an especially commercial city, environment is relaxed there than with Quito, the capital of the country. The climate is hot there (the 30°C are very often exceeded there).
Colonial architecture, it remains only one very beautiful quarters, Las Peñas , which is located at the edge of the river Guayas, the largest river of Ecuador. The Malecon Simón Bolivar constitutes the principal avenue of the city and was built along the Pacific Ocean.
Districts of the city
Guayaquil in the literature
- the first part of the action of the novel of Albert you Serstevens, the gold of the “Cristobal” (1936) is located at Guayaquil.
- Cities in the field of Deserted Konoha
- in the plains of Suna
- Photographs of Guayaquil I
- Photographs of Guayaquil II
- Guayaquil Webcam showing the Bridge of L ''' National unit ''
- Guayaquil on Google Maps
|Random links:||Al Jazeera | Arteritis temporal | Herbsheim | High School secundaria de Fiorello H. Laguardia del & de la mÃºsica; Arte y artes interpretativas | Phil Harvey | François of Buysson | World Database one Protected Areas | Woody_Allen|