See also: Dixon
It was born William James Dixon with Vicksburg in the the Mississippi. During its childhood, it rubs on several occasions with justice what leads it to leave the Mississippi for Chicago in Auto-stop.
There low, thanks to its imposing breadth, it becomes Boxe ur and even manages to gain the title Golden Gloves in the category weight-heavy in 1936. Parallel to that, Dixon learns the double bass but its progress is stopped when it resists a recruitment for the Second world war and is imprisoned for ten months.
After the war, it finds its professor, Baby Doo Caston, with which it forms the Big Three Trio and records for Columbia Records. In the tread, Dixon signs for Chess Records as Musicien of studio until in 1951 where it becomes employed full-time label. Its relations with Chess then are sometimes tended but it leaves its print on the label of 1948 at the beginning of the Années 1960.
In the Years 1970 and 1980, its health worsens mainly because of the diabetes which it had had for several years and which will force it thereafter to be amputee of a leg. It gains a Grammy Award of the Best disc of traditional Blues. It is also at that time that Willie Dixon is promoted with the Rock-and-roll Hall off Famed.
The influence of its years at Chess remains extraordinary. It will go even until affirming " once; I amndt the blues " ( I am the blues ). It is indeed one of the major influences of the kind that it is through its original and varied writing, its scenic performances, its recordings or its vast work of production.
Double bass playerIts play of Contrebasse was of great quality. One can hear it for example on the first recordings of Chuck Berry which establish the link between the Blues and the birth of the Rock “roll.
Type-setterThe genius of Dixon as a type-setter, makes a point in his capacity of transforming antiquated musical topics of the south into contemporary arrangements. That gives songs with foundations of blues and the lightness of the Pop music. The groups of Rythm and British blues of the Années 1960 for example took as a starting point much the catalog of song of Dixon.
ProducerWillie Dixon remains famous for its work as producer for Chess Records with Chicago and is regarded as one of the characters - keys in the creation of the Chicago blues. He worked in particular with Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Otis Rush, Bo Diddley, Little Walter, Sony Boy Williamson, Koko Taylor, Little Milton, Eddie Boyd, Jimmy Witherspoon, Lowell Fulson, Willie Mabon and Memphis Slim.
Thereafter, one of its great successes was to bring together famous musicians of blues to create whole of Chicago blues which it sent to turn in Europe.
SongsDixon wrote many songs of blues by producing them and by playing the part of double bass when they were recorded for the first time. Among those one can quote:
29 Ways - Marc Cohn
- Back Door Man - Howlin' Wolf, The Doors, Grateful Dead, Shadows off Knight, Bob Weir
Bring It One Home - Sony Servant boy Williamson (Rice Miller), Led Zeppelin
- Built for Comfort - Howlin' Wolf, Canned Heat, UFO
- Crazy For My Baby - Willie Dixon
- Closed to You - Muddy Toilets, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Doors
- Dead Presidents - Little Walter, J. Geils Band
- Diddy Wah Diddy - Bo Diddley
- Don' T Such Me Nothin' - Willie Dixon - used in the movie " Color off Money "
- Everything Drank You - Jimmy Witherspoon
- Evil - Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Canned Heat, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Monster Magnet, Derek and the Dominos
- Hidden Charms - Howlin' Wolf
- Hoochie Coochie Man - Muddy Waters, Shadows off Knight, The Nashville Teens, Allman Brothers, Steppenwolf, Motörhead, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix
- I Ain' T Superstitious - Howlin' Wolf, Jeff Beck Group, Grateful Dead, Megadeth
- I Can' T Quit You Baby - Little Milton, Otis Rush, Led Zeppelin
- It Don' T Judicious Make (You Can' T Make Peace) - Styx
- I Just Want To Make Coils To You - Muddy Waters, The Kinks, Yardbirds, Shadows off Knight, Grateful Dead, Foghat, Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, Terez Montcalm
- I' m Ready - Muddy Toilets, Humble Magpie, Buddy Guy, Aerosmith
- Insane Asylum - Koko Taylor, Kathy McDonald & Sly Stone, Asylum Street Spankers
- Little Red Rooster - Howlin' Wolf, Sam Cooke, Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead, The Doors, Luther Allison, The Jesus and Mary Chain
- Mellow Down Easy - Little Walter, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Black Crowes , Beautiful Carey, ZZ Top
- My Babe - Little Walter, Spencer Davis Group, John Hammond Jr., Bo Diddley, Muddy Toilets
- Pretty Thing - Bo Diddley, Pretty Things, Canned Heat
- Seventh Its - Willie Mabon, Mose Allison, Bill Halley, Johnny Rivers, Sting, Climax Blues Band
- Spoonful - Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Toilets, Bo Diddley, Shadows off Knight, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Cream, Canned Heat, Grateful Dead
- Third Dismantles - Eddie Boyd, Eric Clapton
- Three Hundred Pounds off Joy - Howlin' Wolf
- Tollin' Bels - Lowell Fulson, Savoy Brown Blues Band
- Too Late - Little Milton
- Too Many Cooks - Buddy Guy, Robert CRAY
- Walkin' The Blues - Willie Dixon, Muddy Toilets, Eric Clapton
- Wang Dang Doodle - Koko Taylor, Howlin' Wolf, Grateful Dead, Savoy Brown, Living room Blues, PJ Harvey, Rufus Thomas, To point
- Week Brain, Narrow Mind - Willie Dixon
- You Can' T Judge has Book By Looking At Its Cover - Bo Diddley, Shadows off Knight, Cactus, The Yardbirds
- You' L Be Undermines - Howlin' Wolf, Stevie Ray Vaughan
- You Need Love - Muddy Waters, the song Whole Lotta Love Led Zeppelin is drawn from You Need Love of Dixon without mentioning its name. Dixon will on this subject receive Redevance S after law-suits in the Années 1980.
- You Shook Me - Muddy Toilets, Jeff Beck Group, Led Zeppelin
- British Hit Individual - 8th Edition - ISBN 0-85112-941-2
- The Blues - From Robert Johnson To Robert CRAY - ISBN 1-85868-255-X
- a biography of Willie Dixon with a photograph. recopied without authorization of the site of Maxime Edrei as explained here
|Random links:||Noah Itō | Commercial Pierre (editor) | Camel of Bactriane | RS-128 | Mikame,_Ehime|