It is the King Jean III Sobieski which decided to establish its residence there in order to flee the noise of the Capitale. Its construction was started in 1677 but was completed only at the end of the 17th century. The castle belonged to several families of the Polish Noblesse before becoming Musée. Indeed, its lord of the manor, Stanisław Kostka Potocki, one of the emblématiques figures of the Polish Lights, decided in 1805 to open with the public the apartments of the king Jean III Sobieski like his collection of Art. Thus the Palais of Wilanów became one of the first museums of Europe.
The castle also includes/understands gardens with the Frenchwoman of a great beauty as well as a wood.
Located at half an hour in Bus of the Downtown area of Warsaw, it is one of the element-keys to be visited at the time of a stay in this Ville.
Photographs of Wilanów
- Biography of Jean III Sobieski
|Random links:||Adze-the-Boisne | Neauphlette | Trauma (film, 1976) | Kristijan Đorđević | Gospel and Freedom | Pygopus|