Wendake is a Indian Réserve Huron-wendate of the Quebec, in the administrative area of the Capital-Main road, wedged by the town of Quebec. Of a surface of 1,1 km ² and crossed by the River Saint-Charles, it was in the past called Village-Huron or Village-of-Huron, was put aside the council of the Huron nation wendate which engages several non-autochtones.
Wendake is one of the most dynamic communities autochtones of Quebec economically and shelters many flourishing companies which employ people of the community.
The community was founded in 1697 and thus celebrated its 300 years of existence in 1997. The Huron ones of Lorette, indicated today like the Huronones of Wendake, are mainly originating in the Baie Géorgienne, located at the south-east of the Lake Huron in Ontario, where their principal surface of population was located.
With the 17th century, these people of language " iroquoienne" occupy a vast going territory of Ontario with Stadacone (today the town of Quebec). Semi-sedentaries, the communities wendates move approximately every 15 years, when the ground was impoverished. With the zenith of the Confederation wendate, at the 17th century, these people control an immense sales network extending in America from the North-East. They practice agriculture, but also hunting, fishing and the gathering. Their food is mainly based on the culture of the Courge, the Maïs and the Haricot.
EducationThe elementary school of Wendake bears the name of Ts8taïe, which means beaver in the language iroquienne.
The director is Yves Sioui and there are 59 pupils.
- Fall Kabir Kouba
traditional Site Onhoüa Chetek8e
OrganizationsWendake shelters a certain number of nongovernmental organizations for the defense of the rights autochtones to Quebec and for the greater comfort of the autochtones:
- RBA - " Modes of the benefit autochtones"
- SOCCA - commercial Loan society credit indigenous
- CS - Commission of the health and the social services of the First Nations of Quebec and Labrador
- APNQL - Parliament of the First Nations of Quebec and Labrador
- CEPN - the Council in Education of the First Nations Commission of the APNQL
- Georges E. Sioui, intellectual originating in Wendake
- max Large-Louis, big boss of 1964 to 1984, 1987 to 1992, 1994 to 1996 and since 2004
Municipalities borderingWendake is wedged in the town of Quebec.
- Repertory of the municipalities of Quebec
- Commission of toponymy of Quebec
- municipal Businesses and areas - regional charts
- CS - Commission of the Health and the social services of the First Nations of Quebec and Labrador
- Official site of the Indian reserve
|Random links:||Hwang Woo-suk | Modeste Carlier | Bocholt (Rhineland-of-North-Westphalia) | List stars of the Furnace bridge | Park River | Maccabees|