War of independence
A war of independence or national liberation war is a armed conflict, which will generally take the form of a Civil war, in which people fights against a colonial domination or a foreign occupation.
Though the wars of independence exist for a long time, it is particularly within the framework of the movements of independence or release of second half of the 20th century which the particular shape of civil war specified which is the national liberation war.
It is conceived that the fact of rather indicating a war under this expression than under the generic term of Insurrection or Civil war (probable position of the presumedly illegitimate capacity in place) is not neutral. On the matter, the common direction and the legal direction can be contradicted and take part of a war of words. However, if the Geneva Conventions extend to the national liberation wars the protection measures applicable to the international armed conflicts, the text remains dumb on the criteria making it possible to include/understand why a conflict will be regarded as war of independence (formation of the Bangladesh) and the other not (Guerre of Biafra, called civil war of Nigeria ).
The use of the terms or the recognition seems to take part, on the matter, of a cynical pragmatism where only the result of the conflict decides its nature.
- War of Croatia (1991-1995)
- War of cuban independence (1895-1898)
- War of Spanish independence, beginning of the XIXe century, against the France
- War of Greek independence (1821-1827)
- War of Irish independence (1919-1921)
- War of Palestine of 1948, for the independence of Israel
- War of independence of Mexico (1810-1821)
- War of Slovenia (1991)
- Revolution texane (1835-1836)
- War of independence of the United States of America (1775-1783)
|Random links:||Index of Precios there Cotizaciones | Levant | Fianarantsoa | Hassan Youssef | Guy-Claude Luypaerts | Milntown | Harwood,_comté_Durham|