Wanda Rutkiewicz (born the February 2nd 1943; disappeared the May 12th 1992) was the third woman having climbed the Everest. Of Polish origin , it is regarded as one of the best female mountaineers. It has with its credit 8 of the 14 tops of more than 8.000 meters.
It disappears on May 12th, 1992 at the time of its attempt from rise of the Kangchenjunga via the road of the South-western face some share above 8 000 Mr. His rope partner - Carlos Carsolio - party at the same time as it of camp IV, carried out the top after a hard rise in a deep snow. He crossed on the return Wanda Rutkiewicz towards 8.300 Mr. In spite of the quite advanced afternoon and the absence of equipment ad hoc , she preferred to bivouac for better setting out again the following day. Nobody alas will re-examine it.
Its great Himalayan tops:
- Everest. October 16th, 1978
- Nanga Parbat. July 15th, 1985
- K2. June 23rd, 1986 (first woman at the top).
- Shishapangma . September 18th, 1987.
- Gasherbrum II. July 12th, 1989.
- Gasherbrum I. July 16th, 1990.
- Cho Oyu . September 26th, 1991 (solo).
- Annapurna . October 22nd, 1991 (solo, Southern face).
|Random links:||Jean-Claude Trichet | Issirac | Taranto Cras Tennis shoe | Gilles Nadeau | Novo Selo (Trgovište) | Marque_Ainsley_de_John|