Vulcan (Star Trek)
See also: Vulcan
The Humains gave this name to their planet-mother bus it is red and hot and pointed out the forging mills of the god to them Vulcan of mythology gréco-Roman (the true name of their planet is unknown). The planet Vulcan (sometimes called Vulcanis) does not have the moon (see Star Trek, the original series : They were million - The Man Trap ). Vulcains belong to the founding members of the Fédération of plain planets.
PhysiologyVulcains evolved/moved starting from the same primitive race humanoïde (Ancestors) which sowed the Galaxie and gave rise to the Human ones, with the Klingon S, the Cardassien S and well of others. They differ however considerably from Human for topological reasons.
Physically, because of the high Gravitation of their Planet, Vulcains have a force and an endurance more important than their human cousins, and because of tenuity of their atmosphere, they also have a hearing much finer.
As for their physiology, it includes a green blood based on copper and not on iron, feeding their bodies laid out differently, as the heart which is at the level of the liver at the Human one.
Vulcains have pointed ears, long oblique eyebrows and a second eyelid nictitante (i.e. which protects the eye of the strong light exempted by the sun from Vulcanis). In the event of lesions, a Vulcan can use a mode of cure except par; by the practice of a car-hypnosis, it concentrates its blood flow, its energy and its antibodies towards the bodies reached.
CultureFormerly, Vulcains were people very violent one and quarrelsome. The population was divided into several hundreds of clans, states and cities having each one various governmental structures and religions.
Vulcan being a very dry world, water was very rare. The majority of people very violently fought in order to acquire this resource essential with their survival. At that time the near total of the population was with the face. But a great change occurred at the first century before Jesus-Christ, when a Vulcan named Surak started to publicly discuss its theory of mental practice of the logic and its philosophy of peace.
Hot, the first echoes were obvious; in a world dominated by warriors, his vision of the things only settled very slowly. But it made its way despite everything. Unfortunately, there be a rupture between Surak and its pupil Task. This last renonça with the idea of pacifism of Surak, assured which it was that this way of living was inappropriate in a so hostile universe.
However, Task was preferred not to too openly promote its way of thinking, of fear of bringing back the war and anarchy on planet. Task and its disciples then decided to seek another planet and to exile themselves to take another departure. Thus, several vessels were sent in space and found two planets far from there very. These people changed and became the Romulien S. Those which remained continued to follow the philosophy of Surak and became Vulcains.
Vulcains offer the demonstration of a logic inébranlable and peremptory, and are of a deep honesty as well as immense honesty - each individual having these qualities to differing degree, that goes without saying. Vulcains are unable to lie, but they are able “to exaggerate” if they estimate to have a logical reason to do it. They claim to be stripped of the direction of humor, but one notes at some (of which famous Spock) an occasional recourse, even frequent to the sarcastic remark.
For them, autonomy is very important.
Names vulcainsGenerally, the male names of Vulcains start with the letter “and ends in “K”. In the same way, the names of Vulcains females begin with “You and an apostrophe, follow-ups of a group of 3 letters.
- Saavik : navigator junior on board the '' Enterprise NCC-1701 ''. She is interpreted by the actresses Kirstie Alley in Star Trek II: The Anger of Khan and Robin Curtis in Star Trek III: In the search of Spock and Star Trek IV: Return to earth ).
- Sarek : father of Spock. He is interpreted by Mark Lenard.
- Soval : Vulcan ambassador on Ground. He is interpreted by the actor Gary Graham in Star Trek: Enterprise .
- Spock : although half-Human, is certainly most famous representing of Vulcains. It passes part of its career like first officer and scientific officer of the '' Enterprise NCC-1701 ''. He is interpreted by the actor Leonard Nimoy.
- Sybok : half-brother of Spock in rebellion. He is interpreted by the actor Laurence Luckinbill in Star Trek V: The Ultimate Border ).
- You pol.: first officer and scientific officer of the '' Enterprise NX-01 ''. She is interpreted by the actress Jolene Blalock in Star Trek: Enterprise .
- Tuvok : officer of safety on the '' Voyager '', the first Vulcan of color seen in Star Trek . He is interpreted by the actor Tim Russ in Star Trek: To travel .
- Valeris : officer navigator on the '' Enterprise NCC-1701-A ''. She is interpreted by the actress Kim Cattrall in Star Trek VI: Unknown ground .
- Card of Vulcains on Memory Alpha
|Random links:||Guido d' Arezzo | Counter-Strike: Source | Saint-Launeuc | Hwang Sok-yong | 200 m women with the championships of the world of athletics 2007 | Cerdic_de_Wessex|