GeographyLocated close to Bavans, this common counts about 3000 inhabitants. Its inhabitants are called the voujeaucourtois or vodjalois . It is located at approximately 9 kilometers Montbeliard, 30 km of Belfort and 70 km of Besancon.
HistoryThe customs bridge on Doubs is located in the middle of the commune, it was built in 1467 and suffered much from all the wars since it was partially destroyed six times. At the XVIIe century, it was the only passage to cross Doubs between the Franche-Comté and the Country of Montbeliard. The arches are well preserved. Its current width corresponds almost to that of origin. One meter of concrete was added without speaking about the overhanging pavements. Two churches: The reformed church Lutheran was inaugurated in 1833 and has a single simple oval form in the Country of Montbeliard. The Roman Catholic church Saint-Michel was devoted in 1867. In the chorus a Christ in cross of human size dominates. This wood sculpture would come from the abbey of Belchamp destroyed by a fire in 1725. This church also shelters the pilgrims of Emmaüs, a table of Pierre Jouffroy (1912-2000), native. Painted in 1946, the table, of an important size (1,30 m X 1,96 m), is a gift of the artist following a wish.
Places and monuments
- the bridge on the Doubs which, as of 1467, constitutes the only passage on the river and the border between the Franche-Comté and the country of Montbeliard.
Personalities related to the commune
- Common of Doubs
- Voujeaucourt on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Voujeaucourt on the site of INSEE
- Voujeaucourt on the site of Quid
- Localization of Voujeaucourt on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Voujeaucourt on Mapquest
|Random links:||François de Grossouvre | Anthony Rossomando | Louis Nicolas Lemasle | Kyo (album) | Musicalism | Abbaye_de_Netley|