BiographyIt is graduate IDHEC with Paris, and begins its career in France as assistant of Resnais ( last Year with Marienbad ), of Melville ( Doulos , Leon Morin, priest ), of Malle ( Will-o'-the-wisp ) before passing to the realization in 1966 by adapting a novel of Robert Musil: Distresses of the pupil Törless .
It is essential in Germany thanks to its adaptation in 1975 of the novel of Heinrich Böll: the lost Honor of Katherina Blum , then obtains an international recognition with the Drum , adaptation of the novel of Günter Grass which is worth the to him Palme of Gold to Cannes in 1979.
In the Years 1990, it accepts the direction of the Studios Babelsberg, in the suburbs is of Berlin, the ex-seat of the German Hollywood when UFA was installed there in first half of the 20th century and property of the general Compagnie of real estate and services. He also teaches the cinema and the literature at the European school of Saas-Fairy, in particular at the time of estival seminars.
Catalog of films
- 1966 : Distresses of the pupil Törless
- 1975: lost Honor of Katherina Blum
- 1976: the Death-blow (Der Fangschuss)
- 1979: the Drum
- 1980: the Forger (Die Fälschung)
- 1984: a love of Swann
- 1985: Died of a commercial traveller
- 1991: To travel (Homo Faber)
- 1996: the king of the alders
- 2000: Three Lives of Rita Vogt
- 2004: the Ninth day
- Volker Schlöndorff on Internet Movie Database
|Random links:||Belgentier | Jorma Ollila | Ides of march | John Corigliano | Tobie Lolness | Itinéraire_48_de_New_Jersey|