Villiers-the-Beautiful is a common French located at the south-eastern end of the Val-d'Oise in area Île-de-France, to 18 km in the north of Paris. It is the Chef-lieu Canton of Villiers-the-Beautiful.
Its inhabitants names Beauvillésois.
The old heart of the commune sat on a headland leant with the Mount Griffart, Beauvilésoise part of the Butte-témoin carrying the national forest of Écouen, the unit dominates the small valley of the Petit Rosne, small river crossing the common neighbor of Sarcelles.
The Northern part Is territory of the commune extends on the flat from France partly classified since undermined Bouqueval. The commune occupies approximately 730 hectares including 10% of green areas.
The commune is served by the station of Villiers-the-Beautiful - Gonesse - Arnouville and by the RN16 or RD316 and RN370.
The foundation of the village would go back to the first century before J. - C. as the discovery of a Gallo-Roman well attests it in the commune. Villiers is quoted for the first time in a charter of Louis the Piles in 832.
The lords of the place, the Beautiful the , family with the service of king de France, are mentioned in various texts starting from 1092. They adopt the name of Villiers at the end of the 12th century. By will, the last direct descendant of the line, Antoine the Beautiful one, bishop of Beauvais, gives up its Fief with the constable Anne de Montmorency in 1535. The small borough saw Agriculture at that time, of an important activity lacemaker and Carrière S with Plâtre (exploitation of the Gypse). The Protestantisme develops at that time, but the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes in 1685 causes the demolition of the temple, while the community chooses conversion, or the departure of the village.
The railroad serves the commune and as in the majority of the surroundings of the capital, an important social and economic change causes. The district of the new station is gradually parcelled out and sees to settle a population of workmen and employees. In 1931, the population of common already doubled. The station of Villiers-the-Beautiful being far away from the old borough of approximately 3 km, a tram with vapor was created in 1878. The tram was electrified in 1928 and ceased its exploitation in 1949.
AdministrationVilliers-the-beautiful belongs to the jurisdiction of authority of Gonesse, and great authority as well as trade of Pontoise. The commune in addition accommodates a house of justice and right (2, rue Pompom).
Budget and taxationAugust 1st
SafetyThe rate of criminality of the district of police force of Sarcelles (including Saint-Brice-under-Forest and Villiers-the-Beautiful) is of 107,37 acts for 1000 inhabitants (crimes and offenses, figures 2005) what does of it one of three higher of the Val-d'Oise behind Enghien-the-Baths (137,75) and Cergy-Pontoise (110,62), largely higher than average the main road (83/1000) and secondary road (88,15/1000). The rate of resolution of the businesses by the police services is of 25,34%, one of weakest of the department.
November 25th, 2007, two minors, the pilot and the passenger of a mini-motor bike, die following an traffic accident with a police car. The evening even, the city becomes the theater of riots between the police force shouldered by the RAID and certain inhabitants of the districts. A police superintendent and tens of police officers are wounded and several burnt public equipment or private (of which the Library Louis Jouvet). The following day, the scuffles begin again in end of the afternoon. After two days of riot, one counts 120 wounded among the police officers. The police force ensures to be taken for target by gunners having used hunting weapons.
EconomyThe commune is primarily residential, only a small zone of economic activity exists in extreme cases of Sarcelles. No commercial large surface is present, one finds in the center only some retail businesses. Five bakeries, and three butcheries of which two Halal are present, which translates an important deficit for a population higher than: 25000 inhabitants.
InheritanceThe church Saint-Didier date of the 13th century and 16th century, the parts Rebirth, are allotted to Jean Bullant. The church is immortalisée on a fabric of the painter Maurice Utrillo of 1909. The primitive Orgue installed in 1664 underwent many rehandlings during the 18th century. It preserves 98% of its pipes of origin and was classified in 1939. Currently the church is in work of restoration, the building being on a movable ground, and having a too heavy bell-tower rebirth having to be the subject of a demounting then of a rebuilding.
A Gallo-Roman well located close to the church is enchased in a house, old Place of the Cross.
The fountain Chauvée (Chauvée lane) car its name of former French chave , who gave cellar and cave. With the fountain Margot (renamed Précher at the 19th century), it constituted the only water provision sharp of the village.
The house of Thomas Couture (3-7, rue Démolliens) goes back to the end of the 17th century, but was largely altered since. The property is plundered and requisitioned by the Prussian during the war of 1870.
- Thomas Seams (1815 - 1879), painter of the Second Empire, lived and died in Villiers-the-Beautiful.
- Alexandre Beljame (1842 - 1906), French writer.
- General Louis Archinard (1850 - 1932), born with the Harbor, colonizer of the French Sudan, lived and died in Villiers-the-Beautiful, in a middle-class house.
- Mickaël Citony, professional footballer, born the August 21st 1980 with Villiers-the-Beautiful.
- Serisay Barthelemy, professional footballer, originating in Villiers-the-Beautiful
- Dida Diafat, actor and former world champion of Thai Muay (between 1991 and 1998), originating in Villiers-the-Beautiful.
- Ärsenik, group of rap of the Sector Ä living the district of the Cherry orchard.
|Random links:||CP1258 | Peace of Went | Magnils-Reigniers | Serranus hepatus | Deutschbund | Abaisser_la_banlieue_noire_de_Milford,_Pennsylvanie|