Built, around 1544, by the architects Annibale Lippi and Giovanni Lippi, on the site of the old gardens of Lucullus, for the cardinal Giovanni Ricci of Montepulciano, it is acquired in 1576 by the cardinal Ferdinand de Médicis who, until in 1587, makes carry out the projects of Bartolomeo Ammannati.
In fact, the villa was arranged to be used as ECRIN with its collection of works of art, in which appeared: antiques ( Niobides , Cléopâtre dying …), of many bronzes of which some were exposed on the frontage, like the Mercure of Jean of Bologna and also of very many tables.
It enriches it by seven hectares planted gardens of pines, cypress and holm oaks, and decorated with sculptures, which point out the Palais Spada. These last were nowadays replaced by mouldings, the originals having joined the museums. Among those, one notes the Niobides , of origin Greek and the Mercure of Jean of Bologna. At the extreme north, the studiolo decorated with mural frescos is located at animalist set of themes.
In 1803, Napoleon Bonaparte transfers the Académie in it from France in Rome. At that time, the villa and its gardens are in a sad state and must be restored to accommodate the whole of the prizes winner of the Prix of Rome.
|Random links:||Even Dirty Flash | Michel F. Side | Zihron Yaakov | (554) Peraga | Kęstutis Ivaškevičius | Corps_de_souffle|