GeographySmall town of the high Alps, which counts in the 3500 inhabitants. 25 km in the west of Gap.
HistoryThe commune of Veynes is marked by its past railwayman, as a rail junction of the the Alps of the South. The lines Aix-en-Provence/Grenoble and Valence/Briançon cross in Veynes, it is " the star of Veynes". Of this past, the common one kept the nickname of " Veynes the rouge" because of the political tendency of the many railwaymen living the city.
Personalities related to the commune
Station of Veynes-Devoluy
- Veynes on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Veynes on the site of INSEE
- Veynes on the site of Quid
- Localization of Veynes on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Veynes on Mapquest
|Random links:||Lyse | Barcarolle | Kongsberg | Amara Ouattara | 1818 in classical music | Paris,_le_Texas_(film)|