The veuze is a Cornemuse which was employed in the west of France, in the Vendean Breton marsh, the neighborhoods of Nantes and the peninsula guérandaise) and which seems it would have given rise to the Binioù kozh .
It consists of a bag in which come to encase a blast pipe, a foot of approximately thirteen inches (to double Anche) and a single bumblebee (with simple sheer).
The musician insufflates the air by the Portevent provided with a Clapet (formerly out of leather, it is often replaced nowadays by a plastic valve) preventing the return gate, then directed towards the two only possible exits: the bumblebee and the Blowtorch. The sheers of the bumblebee and the blowtorch vibrate in the passing of the air, producing the sound on a principle close to that of the Flûte. The sheer used is a double sheer for the blowtorch, i.e. consisted of two plates of reed assembled on a conical, and simple brass tube for the bumblebee (only one plate reed or in figure assembled on a reinforcement). The leather pocket is used as a reserve of air: time to take again his breathing, one compresses it with his arm in order to keep a constant pressure on the level of the blowtorch and bumblebee.
Various parts of the veuze
- the blowtorches
- : 10 old blowtorches have found summers, 10 others were identified on photographs. The tonic is located between Si4 and Sib4.
- the bumblebees are in theory made up of two articles (bumblebee tenor) or three articles (bumblebee low) of cylindrical borer. The higher article is finished by a pear acting as Caisse of resonance.
- the sheers vibrate in the passing of the air and allow the sound of the blowtorch and the bumblebee.
- : That of the bumblebee is simple while that of the blowtorch is double.
Nowadays the veuze did not change basically. The general principles remain the same ones, but one can however note various considerable evolutions:
- one proposes any type of tonalities (generally in, Ground or MIB) for the bumblebees, which they are low or Ténor and of the same, several tonalities are possible for the blowtorch (generally La/Ré of the Breton Marsh or Sol/Do Bretonne);
- the pocket - in the large majority of the cases - is from now on tight without greasing;
- the sheer of bumblebee is sometimes out of plastic;
- a system of key can make it possible to cut the air flow in the bumblebee or the blowtorch.
- Association '' Sonneurs of veuze ''
- Arbadétorne - playing group of the veuze
- Sloï- groups playing of the veuze
|Random links:||Brian Setzer | Gabriel Delays | Cryptotis | List legislative districts of Yonne | Hebdo car | Greensborough,_Victoria|