Valla in Gier is located at the South East of the community of Agglomération and the department of the Loire, and formed integral part of the Regional natural park of Pilat. 3 paths of loops at the beginning of the village make it possible to discover a commune with which the third is covered by the Forêt. Very vast, it includes/understands about fifty Hameau X and extends upstream from the Barrage of Relieve (440 m) until the crêt of the Partridge (1388m), as many places which invite to the pleasant ones stroll.
The borough, bench with side of Montagne, dominates three Barrage S which is used with the supply Drinking water of the city as Saint-Chamond, distant of ten kilometers. The commune is notched by two principal valleys marking the relief deeply. It is in this very broken landscape that the Jump of the Gier is binding to the visitor: an accessible impressive cascade after a rise through chirats (very characteristic stone falls on the commune).
Before the French revolution, the dwellings of Valla-in-Gier was attached to the Seigneurie of Thoil, today locality (in ruin) of Bessat.
Very old, (of work allowed to find the traces of a church of the 11th century), Valla in Gier included until in 1831 the common neighbor of Bessat. In 1817, Marcellin Champagnat, appointed vicar of the village, founded there the first community of the Marist brothers.
Today, one can admire, inter alia, very close to the Town hall, the Well of the Sisters (a very beautiful cut stone well classified historic building) and with the variation of the borough, a curiosity offered by the roofs of the hamlet of Serchettes whose lines of ridge sheathings converge all worms the same point…
At the 14th century, Italian called Gayotti comes to be established in Luzernod, above Valla-in-Gier. He has already brought with him the Italian know-how of the work of the silk, introduced in France for two centuries. He builds the first mill then “to reel the silk” of the area. He thereafter will settle with Saint-Chamond, with the confluence of the Janon and the Gier. With him grinding develops.
Places and monumentsToday, one can admire, inter alia, very close to the Town hall, the Well of the Sisters (a very beautiful well out of cut stone classified historic building) and with the variation of the borough, a curiosity offered by the roofs of the hamlet of Serchettes whose lines of ridge sheathings converge all worms the same point… Stopping of Bank on the rivers " the Round of applause and Jarez" built in 1870.
Church " Holy Andéol ".
Personalities related to the communeMarcellin Champagnat founder of the Marist brothers was named vicar with Valla in 1816. In 1825 it creates the Hermitage.
- Common of the Loire
- Holy Andéol
- Church " Saint-Andéol" Valla-in-Gier
Valla-in-Gier on the site of the national geographical Institute
- Valla-in-Gier on the site of INSEE
- Valla-in-Gier on the site of Quid
- Localization of Valla-in-Gier on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane of Valla-in-Gier on Mapquest
|Random links:||Cinnamon-tree | Fights mortal at the hidden village of Taki! | Charles Ier d' Elbeuf | Mohamed Abdel Kader Coubadja Touré | Comté_de_Dallam,_le_Texas|