GeographyValdrôme is a village of the Drome, and more particularly of Diois. Being in a basin right with the lower part of that of the Build-of-Bottoms, source of the river Drome , built on a rocky outcrop, the village with the characteristic to be served by parallel lanes on three levels and those are connected by staircases precipice called " cantons" . When one circulates on one of the paths squaring the basin, one can discover the locality in his cocoon of greenery. The houses kept their aspect of formerly and are restored. The village is flowered…
HistoryValdrôme is known as of the Gallo-Roman time under the name of Vallisdroma . To the the Middle Ages, one enters the village by three doors from which two disappeared: remain only the gate Holy-Catherine . With the site of the current school was the commandery of Midsummer's Day of Jerusalem, stage and hospital for the pilgrims going in Holy Land. Whereas the inhabitants adopt very early the ideas of the Réforme, the temple is built about 1600 on the site of the current temple. With the revocation of the edict of Nantes, 42 families emigrate and Valdrômois know vexations, the Dragonnades and the galère S. The Révolution is well accommodated. It allows the stockbreeders, very poor, to make graze their herds on the grounds of the lord, become national goods. As from 1900, a major transformation occurs under the living conditions of the inhabitants: the roads open, the breeding of the sheep and the culture of the lavender becomes remunerative.
The village is known to have been, at the 20th century, a true seedbed of teachers: the Protestant religion, based on the reading of the Bible, constitutes a powerful engine against the Illettrisme. And Valdrôme is one of the rare villages not to have a Catholic church.
- Town hall (open Saturday morning and Monday morning): 04 75 21 40 70
Excursion250 km of pedestrian paths furrow the basin of Valdrôme … of the perfectly marked out and maintained paths… A carto-guide will make it possible to choose the circuits. Paths of " promenade" with topics are:
- the path of discovered Sarcéna (booklet) marked out by totems and interactive games which tackle certain subjects on fauna and the flora (departure with Pré Rotted )
- the path of the Dahu : a booklet proposes to discover the various facets of the village in the form of police investigations.
- the panoramic path of the " hive " close to the village announces the names of the various tops and hamlets of the village (folder).
- the cascade of Putaval , it is the objective of a " balade" along a limpid and tumultuous river.
- And for the sportsmen: a shaded course of 11 obstacles and 2 courses jogging (5 and 10 km) technical and varied.
- Of the paths lavender leads on the fields of the true lavender (folder).
Shooting with the arcCombining excursion, discovered of a medium in underwood and shooting with the arc on animalist targets.
- One uses powerful arcs and without sight for an instinctive shooting! Each target differs by its size, the distance from shooting, its situation in the vegetation or the relief. It is a dynamic sport for those which have weak for nature…
Excursion equestrian or accompanied with mule by packWith the image of the former hawkers, with a mule of pack, the hiker, relieved of the burden, can leave his directions exalter and discover the world which surrounds it. Equestrian excursion on all the routes: the Top Diois, the Vercors. Overmeasure to answer its desires, so that he escapes in full safety. From 1 at several days: for the groups, friends, associations…
Bicycle any groundValdrôme has an approved center VTT which proposes 18 circuits is 390 km of marked out paths. They are courses for impassioned vetetists sloping, technical and wild paths. Some are intended for those which affectionnent the graying slopes, others for those which prefer the beautiful paths undulating on the slopes of the basin…
Cyclo7 star circuits around the basin of Valdrôme , long from 80 to 103 km, have each one their characteristics, their landscapes, their collars… The choice of these layouts was made according to their interests and especially by using roads which offer the advantage of being little attended.
|Random links:||Poco Nemo | Youri Bandajevsky | Baited | Fight Back to School | Greg Louganis | Kevin Philips (footballer) | La_Floride_occidentale|