In the work of J.R.R. Tolkien, the Uruk-hai are a race of Orque S.
Uruk-hai are stronger than the Orcs basic, and able to fight and to move the day.
J.R.R. Tolkien does not give their exact origin, contrary to the film adaptation of Peter Jackson (see below).
Although they are the work of Sauron and start to traverse the Earth of the Medium into 2475 of the Third Age (towards the end of the reign of the Surintendant Denethor I) with their appearance the first time in Ithilien and their destroying attack on Osgiliath, they were also employed by Saroumane which multiplied them and genetically improved them so as to create true monsters. Thus, a detachment of scouts Uruk-haï de Saroumane attacked the Communauté of the Ring to Amon Hen and responsible for had died for Boromir as well as removal of Merry and Pippin.
With the Battle of Extremely-the-Horn, they fight using heavy armours, of helmets, crossbows, spades, sabers, and scales.
Very dependant within the same company, Uruk-hai are however hostile with the others Orques, with which they fight on the least occasion to affirm their superiotity vis-a-vis the troops of Sauron than they call " Rats of Morgul" ; it is besides that which allowed Merry and Pippin, in the intrigue of the Seigneur of the Rings , to escape: they would have been led directly in Isengard if the Orcs of Mordor had not insisted on the pause close to Fangorn (what made it possible the Rohirrim to massacre them). Frodon and Sam, as for them, succeeded in escaping from the tower of Cirith Ungol thanks to a combat which has occurred between the companies of Cirith Ungol and of Minas Morgul about the Coat of mail of Mithril carried by Frodon.
Etymology and orthography
In Black Speech, uruk indicates Uruks (one does not know an other name to them) and - hai means “race, people”. There is thus Uruk in the singular and Uruk-hai or Uruks in the plural.
There exist several denominations:
- Uruk-hai which is the orthography in the original version of the book and films (VO and VF);
- Ourouk-haï which is the word in the French translation of F. Ledoux;
- Isengardiens which is another denomination excluding some Uruks with the service from Sauron.
Uglúk ; he was the chief of Uruk-hai of the band of scouts sent by Saroumane
- Lurtz (in the adaptation of Peter Jackson): Lurtz is of an effectiveness to any test, a chief malefic and bloodthirsty man who would not hesitate with massacre whoever would bar the way to him. It is to some extent the " champion of the Isengard " , it justifies its troops like any other leader. Its unequalled force and its cruelty make of him certainemant the one of largest combatants in the rows of Saroumane. He does not hesitate to follow the Communauté of the Ring with the black intention destroying the members of them one by one. After having killed Boromir with its flêches nappées of mortal poison, he is decapitated by Aragorn;
- Shagrat : It is the chief of the Uruk-hai of Cirith Ungol
- Grishnákh (in the adaptation of Peter Jackson): Grishnákh is a captain Orque who reigns as a Master on the troops of Sauron moved in Rohan. More malignant than the average, he survives the attack of Rohirims and follows Merry and Pippin in the forest of Fangorn or he is killed by Sylvebarbe, the " berger" forest.
In the adaptation of Peter Jackson
The adaptation of Peter Jackson gives much more information on Uruk-hai. It indicates thus that they result from a crossing of Orcs and Man-Goblins (whereas J.R.R. Tolkien uses Gobelins and Orcs like the quasi-synonymous ones). Uruk-hai, at Jackson, are thus creatures semi-human semi-orcs.
This mixture of races was not however done by chance: they is voluntarily that Uruk-hai were given birth to, semi by magic, semi organically, by a method that only the wizards control. At the beginning, they did not constitute a species with whole share, but they learned how to adapt to their medium, so that gradually they became frightening Masters of war.
Just like Orcs, Uruk-hai have force and cruelty, as well as an immoderate taste for the war and human blood. One can say that so at Jackson Orcs are already quite cruel, they are only angels compared with Uruk-Hai. The human ones are besides the preferred preys of Uruk-Hai: they constitute a met of choice if the human flesh is liked…
The skin of Uruk-hai is maroon dark, to see even reddish and their black blood; they do not fear the pain and can even support torture without stumbling. They are famous for their capacities with the combat and to run on long distances lasting of long lives when they are with the continuation of their prey. They are genuine machines of war actuated to kill.
Stronger than three orcs joined together, they are of a big size, are equipped with imposing armours and long swords whose characteristic is that they have a fold at the end of the blade to cut down their victims with more facility. They particularly affectionnent the arc S and the Arbalètes of which they copiously furnish the flêches with mortal poison. In addition, with the Battle of Extremely-the-Horn, they are able to use Baliste S as well as arms with jet as like tractors of heavy scales to the walls.
|Random links:||Flessingue | The Malzieu-City | Paul the Young person | Tire tube | May 1855 | La_guerre_en_verre_de_regard|