University Sporting Club of France
| colspan=" 2" style=" text-align: center; padding: 0.5em; " bgcolor=" white" |
| founded Club the
| bgcolor=#EEEEEE| 1895
| bgcolor=#EEEEEE| Black and white
| bgcolor=#EEEEEE| Stage Georges Carpentier
Stade max Roussié
| bgcolor=#EEEEEE| 31 rue Gauthey
75017 Paris |}
For the section Rugby of the club, to see Sporting University Club of France (Rugby)
The University Sporting Club of France , or SCUF , is a club omnisport French based with Paris, cash seven sections (Basket-ball, Escrime, Golf, Natation, Rugby, Tennis and Volley-ball). Its section Rugby constituted its floret a long time.
HistoryFounded in Paris on December 5th, 1895 by Charles Brennus under the name of Sporting Club Amateurs , this club omnisport becomes the Sporting Club University of France or SCUF , following the general meeting of the club, the January 29th 1901. She counts approximately 900 bachelors (2006).
The club practiced two sports with its creation: cycling and athletics.
Since its creation, the SCUF knew several great times, like those of Rugby before the Great War, that of the Natation and the Water sports shirt between the two wars, then finally like general sports club in the years 1950.
Its prize list comprises an Olympic gold medal, gained by Albert Mayaud in water polo with the Olympic Games of Paris in 1924. The athletes of the SCUF also gained 15 European world titles, 37 titles and more than 260 national titles (athletics, swimming, cycling, box, Rugby).
Great names of the SCUF(For only the rugbymen, to see great names of the SCUF Rugby )
Charles Brennus: creator of the SCA which will become the SCUF. President of the SCUF Rugby of 1895 to 1904 and of the General sports SCUF of 1891 to 1941. It is the heart of the SCUF and the trophy given to the winner of the championship of France, which it engraved in 1892, bears from now on its name.
- Georges Carpentier: the boxer god, practiced Rugby with the SCUF in 1919. He could have become a star of Rugby… But the destiny chooses another way to him!
- Jean-Claude Jaffre: burning player then to support SCUF until the end of its days (1939 - 2005).
- Frantz Reichel : at the origin of the creation of the federations in 1920. Athlete, journalist, president of federation, it also created the National committee of the Sports and animated the French Olympic committee and the International Olympic committee. National competition juniors of Rugby bears his name.
- Jean Dried up: champion of swimming, money medal-holder to the Olympic Games of Los Angeles in 1932.
- Andre Theuriet (Rugby): 5 selections in team of France of Rugby starting from 1909. Vice-champion of France in 1913, captain of the team. International of swimming and athletics of 1909 to 1914. Creator in 1923 of the school of Rugby of the SCUF, the first of France.
- Site of the section fencing
- Site of the section golf
- Site of the section swimming
- Official site of the SCUF Rugby
|Random links:||Line 3bis of the subway of Paris | Touzac (Charente) | Peter Handke | Gabriel François Venel | Jacques Miquelon | Carantanians|