Universidad de Kent
Triembach-with-Valley is a common French, located in the department of the the Low-Rhine and the area Alsace. Current denomination of the commune dated August 27th, 1947; previously the commune was called simply Triembach.
GeographyTriembach-with-valley is located at 1,5 kilometers downstream from Villé and on left bank of the Giessen, with the intersection of the old road of the Sel which leads City to the Vignoble of Barr (which goes up a small valley resulting from Ungersberg) and of a second small valley descended from the hills of Schrann. The locality is stretched along these axes dominating the bottom of the valley (250 m) to escape raw from Giessen. The fining of the Commune fits mainly in a zone of hills relatively low (401 m in communal wood) presenting crowned quite exposed slopes Forêt S. It is not that to the extreme is round of applause which altitudes rise with the presence of the wooded buttresses of Ungersberg (427 to 450 m in Baerenberg). The entire surface of the round of applause of Triembach-with-Valley is of 274 ha.
GeologyLocated at the center of the Valley of City, the communal round of applause of Triembach-with-Valley fits entirely in the basin of collapse of Villé. The village gave its name to a " assise" deposits of Permian age of this basin, formation which is characterized here by Conglomérat S with Galet S of Rhyolite (close to the Cimetière), of the Arkose S (Grès) with argillaceous matrix) and Schiste S with plants. Sometimes the reduced thickness of this cover Sédiment surface lets locally level the crystalline base whose Minéralisation was the subject formerly of important exploitations. The top of the Colline S is sometimes capped more resistant deposits (tuffs and breaches of sat of Meisenbuckel to communal wood). The Permian grounds delivered to Triembach-with-valley beautiful Tronc of Arbre S silicified.
EtymologyGermanic name of origin not having an equivalent in French. One raises Truobenbach and Truebenbach in 1303, Druobenbach in 1362, Druegenbach with the XVe century, Trembach in 1523, Trumbach in 1596, Druenbach and Trimbach in 1603, Trimbach with the XVIIIe century. The suffix " in Val" go back to 1946 to avoid a confusion with Trimbach close to Wissembourg. The Prefix " Truob" first C-W communication does not mean dirty or impure, but would be rather synonymous with " lichtlos" or " düster" , that is to say obscure or shaded. It would characterize thus the course of Eau crossing the village, as it is the case for several localities of the Valley.
" Half-compartment, with the first of money to the issuant sinople lime of the partition to the second of azure to the fasce heavy shower of argent".
Creation of weapons showing the Lime place, old tree of Freedom, disappeared today, also evoking old the Mines of money by the Metal which surrounds it, and the symbol of the Rivière heavy shower. This element appears, at the same time as a branch of tree and the cross of the Abbaye of Andlau on a carved archstone gone back to 1619, undoubtedly coming from the old vault.
Appearance of the villageThe village of Triembach-with-Valley has a prestigious past. The primitive village was probably with the intersection of the Route of Salt (Via Salinatorium) between Barr which connects the Plaine of Alsace and Ehl close to Benfeld. This road of Salt connected the Lorraine while passing by Steige, Salcée, Saales, Raon-l' Étape and Lunéville. In the Valley of City, this way walks on with hillside, slightly in overhang of the marshy valley of the Scheer. It becomes later on a strategic road of certain importance, as to many culverts of stones of size (Triembach, Thanvillé, Scherwiller) recently registered with the Supplémentaire inventory of the Historic buildings testifies some.
The locality passes in the field of HabsbourgTriembach-with-valley belongs to Albrechtstal, possession of the Habsbourg since the XIIIe century, before even as Rodolphe de Habsbourg does not marry in first weddings Gertrude-Anne de Hohenberg-Ortenberg (1225 - 1281) born in 1245 with the Château of the same name which dominates the entry of the Val of City. The village consequently shares the animated history of the valley albertine. " Truobenbach " appears in 1303 in the burrow established by Burckhart Von Fricke for the Habsbourg. Its existence is probably marked, without one being able to specify it with certainty, by one or the other of the warlike episodes which characterize the Moyen-âge XIIIe century with the XVe century (confusion of the possessions of Habsbourg.
Incursion of the Armagnacs
The insurection of the Bumpkins
The Thirty year old warThe Thirty year old war causes the depopulation of most of the village about 1633. It is necessary to wait the end of the century and especially the XVIIIe century so that the village is repopulated thanks to immigration. With found peace work begins again and the inhabitants take again hope;
The revolutionary periodThe Revolution passes with its procession of animosity, of excess, but also of new freedoms. One plants a tree of Freedom in front of the current town hall-school. It resisted until 1974. During the revolutionary period, the municipality is seen forced to close on August 6th, 1791 the church built in 1777, then undergoes the confiscation of the bells of new the " Temple of the liberté".
The German period between 1871 and 1918
The First World War
The second world warJune 20th, 1940 with the arrival of the German troops the village deplores the death of 14 people including eight civilians following an artillery shooting. In November 1944, during Release, of the shootings cause the fire of two houses, the sawmill and also the church. The village deplores the death of 25 people during this conflict.
Places and monuments
Church Saint Christophe
Personalities related to the commune
- Martin Béhé, priest born and died in Triembach-with-Valley. One owes him the rebuilding of the church of Emm.
SourceWhole or part of this article is resulting from the work " The Valley of City, a country of the men, a histoire" published by the Company of History and the Community of communes of the canton of City. The article could be modified partially or entirely since.
|Random links:||Brucheville | Megara | Escultura del gas | Polyurie | Walt Disney Theatrical Productions | Hungarian working socialist party | November 1999|