United Aircraft and Corporation Transport
United Aircraft and Transport Corporation is a Entreprise American, active in the sector of the aeronautical engineering and air transport. It was created in 1929 by William E. Boeing and Frederick Rentschler. Its seat was with Hartford (Connecticut).
HistoryUnited Aircraft and Transport Corporation was a Holding, which controlled the actions of the companies suivantes :
- Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Company, a manufacturer of engines of planes of Hartford (Connecticut) ;
- Boeing Airplane Company, of Seattle ;
- Chance Vought Corporation, Length Island City (in the island of Long Island) ;
- Hamilton Aero Manufacturing Company, a manufacturer of propellers of East Hartford (Connecticut).
- Sikorsky Aviation Corporation, of Stratford (Connecticut) :
- Stearman Aircraft Company of Wichita (Kansas) ;
- Standard Steel Propeller Company.
Pratt & Whitney, specialized in the manufacture of engines of planes, had as main customers Boeing and Chance Vought, and it is Frederick Rentschler, the owner of Pratt & Whitney, who succeeds in convincing Boeing and Vought to join it to form United Aircraft and Transport Corporation. Rentschler sought before very guaranteeing the outlets of its engines. The operation was a success, making it possible United Aircraft to establish true a Monopole by taking the control of several other companies of the sector. The value of the actions of United Aircraft increased very quickly and made the fortune of its founders. The various companies which formed United Aircraft and Transport Corporation continued nevertheless to work under their own name. In addition, the two manufacturers of propellers, Hamilton Aero Manufacturing Company and Standard Steel Propeller Company amalgamated to form Hamilton Standard Propeller Corporation.
In 1934, however, the US government decided that a holding such as United Aircraft and Transport Corporation was a threat for the free competition and passed a new anti-monopoly act (Air Act Email of the June 12th 1934), prohibiting to the manufacturers cells or engines of planes to hold interests in airline companies. United Aircraft and Transport Corporation was then scindée :
- Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky, Vought and Hamilton Standard constituted the United Aircraft Corporation ;
- the airline companies joined the news United Air Lines Transport Corporation, future United Airlines ;
- Boeing Airplane Company took again its independence, renonçant with all the credits of United Aircraft located at the east of the the Mississippi to preserve only the factory of Wichita (pertaining to its subsidiary company Stearman Aircraft) and those of Seattle.
- History of United Aircraft and Corporation Transport.
History of United Technologies Corporation
History of Vought and Sikorsky with Stratford
|Random links:||Disney Interactive Studios | Algorithm of Needleman-Wunsch | Station François Mitterrand (Tram of Bordeaux) | The Print of Dracula | Areas of Brazil | Me_porter_de_nouveau_à_vieux_Virginny|