Ultimate Marvel is the name of a line of cartoons Marvel Comics launched at the instigation of Joe Quesada and Bill Jemas to try to attract a new assistantship while getting rid of the constraints of continuity.
Although these comics count among best sales of Marvel, the project is a relative failure, not being able to continue in a decisive way apart from the assistantship already present.
The films recently carried out (the X-Men trilogy, Spider-Man (1, 2 & 3) Fantastic Furnace) benefit nevertheless these titles and attract a new assistantship because they are closer to this Ultimate universe than the adventures of the traditional universe.
It consists in updating some Super-héros such as Spider-Man, the Four Fantastic or the Avengers (born at the origin in the Années 1960), but at our time (Années 2000). The traditional heroes and the Ultimate heroes do not live in the same universe, the Ultimate universe being called Ground-1610 whereas the traditional universe is Ground-616.
Contrary to Heroes Reborn where the heroes were to be started again and modernized but by respecting their preceding stories and the characters, the Ultimate line is inspired freely by the characters and the intrigues of the universe of origin by leaving to the authors a certain creative freedom.
There exist several titles in this series:
Ultimates : reinterpreted version of the Avengers, assembled by Nick Fury, including/understanding Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, the Wasp, Giant Man, the Black Widow… Series conceived consequently creative team over the first two seasons: Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch.
- Ultimate Nightmare, Secret Ultimate and Ultimate Extinction: mini-series scenarized by Warren Ellis and putting in scene Ultimates and other heroes vis-a-vis a galactic danger.
- Ultimate Spider-Man : new version of Spider-Man, scenarized by Brian Michael Bendis and drawn by Mark Bagley since almost 100 numbers of at a stretch.
- Ultimate Marvel TEAM-Up: series of 16 episodes by Brian Michael Bendis and several artists, putting in scene Ultimate Spider-Man meeting of other heroes such as the Man-Thing or Daredevil.
- Ultimate X-Men : new version of the X-Men by Mark Millar and Andy Kubert, then continued by Brian Michael Bendis, Peterson Torch, Chuck Austen, Brian K. Vaughan and Robert Kirkman…
- Ultimate Fantastic Furnace: new version of the Fantastic Four by Mark Millar, Brian Michael Bendis and Andy Kubert, continued by Warren Ellis and Stuart Immonen, Mike Carey and Jae Lee…
- Ultimate War: crossover between Ultimates and Ultimate X-Men, scenarized per Millar Mark and drawn by Chris Bachalo.
- Ultimate Adventures : mini-series in 6 episodes putting in scene new heroes, left Ultimate versions of heroes cd. Batman and Robin.
- Ultimate Daredevil & Elektra and Ultimate Elektra: mini-series putting in scene Elektra and its relation with Daredevil, illustrated by El Salvador Larroca, and scenarized by Greg Rucka then Mike Carey.
- Ultimate Iron Man : mini-series of 5 episodes scenarized by Orson Scott Card and drawn by Andy Kubert (with Bagley Mark in the last number)
- Ultimate Origins: series on the Marvel universe.
Ultimate Marvel, the site reference
- Ultimate Section on Marvel World
|Random links:||Guy of Cyprus | Pavel Mouslimov | Sea-bream (sailing ship) | Loznica | Equinoctial France | Tomme_De_Savoie|