Twelve Work of Astérix
See also: Twelve work (homonymy)
twelve work of Astérix is a Film of animation French, according to the history of Astérix the Gallic. Scénarisé by Pierre Tchernia and its friends Rene Goscinny and Albert Uderzo, authors of the cartoon, it left on the screens in 1976. The cartoon was carried out by Rene Goscinny, Albert Uderzo and Pierre Watrin.
With the difference of other films of Astérix, it was not based on a beforehand published cartoon. It will be only later adapted in data base It divides the unquestionable fans for his invented history and others for its limited animation. The film was produced by Georges Dargaud with the Idéfix studios. The music was provided by Gerald Calvi, who had also been responsible for the music of the film Astérix the Gallic carried out in 1967 and that of Astérix and Cléopatre the second film of Astérix makes in 1968.
50 before J.C. In the Gaulle occupied by the Roman , a small village still resists the invader. Jules César, to which one reported that these irreducible Gaulois was equipped with divine capacities, their lance then a challenge. Astérix and Obélix will have to be subjected to twelve tests (like the work of Hercules). However work of Hercules “having passed a little of mode”, César and its advisers set up news épreuves.
If they succeed, César promises to them to leave the capacity and to give it to Abraracourcix, their chief. The Roman Caius Pupus, judge impartial is sent with them to guide them and control that they achieve their work well.
The following list is the list of the work in the order completed by Astérix and Obelix.
To beat Merino with the race
- : The Olympic champion followed by Astérix (helped of the Magic potion) accelerates, transforms himself into rocket, passes the wall of the sound, and strikes himself against an apple tree.
- Lancer the javelin further that Kermes Persia
- : This one has a disproportionate right-hand man. It launches the javelin until in America, but Obélix, without apparent effort, lance its javelin so far that it makes it tower of the Earth, arrives in the back of Persian and continues it. (With the passage, one can notice the presence of Oumpah-Pah in the Amerindian camp.)
- Vaincre Cylindric the Germain at the time of a combat
- : Cylindric the Germain, is an expert in Martial arts and mainly in Judo (an anachronism since judo at summer invented in 1882). It is a small man (smaller than Astérix); it is vêtu of a judogi . Cylindric makes use of the force of Obélix (which wants to finish some quickly) and of its susceptibility on its size to send it on the edges of the arena and to beat it. Astérix prefers to use the trick; Cylindric teaches to him with its request a technique and ends up making a node with its hands and its legs.
- To face the priestesses of the island of the pleasure
- : The two heroes must cross a Lac which has in its center an island enchanter. This island, inhabited by the priestesses of the pleasure , contains all what a man can want. Except Wild boar S! It is thanks to this lack that Obélix finds its spirits and prevents Astérix from falling for always, in the hands of the priestesses of the pleasure .
- To support the insupportable glance of Iris, the magician from Egypt
- : Iris is a kind of Egyptian Mage. It hypnotizes people and their fact of believing that they become animals. It tries to transform Astérix into wild boar, but this one decentralizes it constantly and irritates the magus who becomes confused and ends up believing that it is itself a wild boar.
- To eat the meal prepared by Mannekenpix the Belgian
- : Obélix devours at the time of this test: a bear with chips, a flight of geese, several sheep, an omelet of several dozen eggses, a whole fish bench, an ox, a cow, a calf, an enormous monticule of eggs of sturgeon (with its small toast), a camel and finally, an elephant lined with olives.
- To penetrate in the cave of the Animal
- : The two heroes are pilot, amongst other things, of part of Tennis played with craniums, meet Chauve-souris, and enter a station of the Parisian subway (Alésia). At the exit of the cave, Caius Pupus their request: “Was the animal, it how? ” Obélix answers then, by cleaning the teeth: “Indigestible”.
- To obtain a-38 pass in the house which makes insane
- : It is a bureaucratic building several stages, where the personnel, completely Fou, redirects Astérix and Obélix from one office to another in order to join together the totality of the forms necessary to obtain A-38. Astérix takes them with their own play by requiring an imaginary form and a circular. All the personnel puts itself in search of the new form, causing the distress in the buildings. Finally, a-38 form is given to him “gracefully” in order to make it leave and find the order in the offices.
- To cross a ravine on an invisible wire, with the top of crocodiles of the Nile
- : Arrived in the middle of the wire, the two heroes finally choose to drop themselves and to face the Crocodile S, letting them balance itself amazed on the invisible wire.
- To climb more the high mountain and to answer the enigma of the Worthy of the Summit
- : After a difficult climbing, the Vénérable of the Summit defies Astérix to find the eyes bandaged which pile of linen was washed with Olympe “the detergent of the Gods which makes the linen soft and flexible” in a parody of Publicité for Lessive.
- To sleep on the plain with an army of phantoms
- : The plain is haunted by the phantoms of the Légionnaire S Romans fallen to the combat. It is not a place favourable at rest. Obélix tries to fight them, but it is impossible to wound the phantoms. Astérix, awaked by agitation, shouts to them above and ends up their making fear.
- To take part in the Circus games Maxime
- : With the alarm clock, the two heroes find themselves in the town of Rome with their companions of their village in order to fight in the arena. After having overcome the Gladiateur S (with the potion of Panoramix of course) the Gallic ones transform the Maximus circus into modern Cirque thanks to the deer.
After the success of Gallic, César recognizes that they are Gods, gives them the control of the Roman empire, and is withdrawn with the Cléopatre queen in a Roman small house. Caius Pupus requires in reward to take its retirement on the island of the pleasure.
In the senate chaired by César, Brutus plays constantly with a knife. César known as: Brutus! Cease playing with this knife, you will end up wounding somebody! ” (after a cry of pain, one sees appearing Brutus in the following scene the gloomy air, with a binding with its hand.)
- the colossal meal of Mannekenpix includes a chip dish, which he claims to have invented in spite of the fact that potatoes had not arrived yet to Europe. When Obélix requires of him what it acts, Mannekenpix answers him: “That I invented myself fieu (" my gars" in patois of Brussels)! It is as apples but that pushes in the ground! I did not find the name yet. ”
- There was an adaptation of film as a cartoon, who for some editions was called Astérix with the conquest of Rome .
With the banquet in the village.
Obélix: It is true that we became the Masters of Rome?
Astérix: Oh you know, it is not that a cartoon after all *rires* all is allowed!
Obélix: all is allowed? !?
(Obélix and its wild boar disappear then, and land on the island with the pleasures joining the priestesses and Caius Pupus.)
- Lasted : 1:25
- Country : France
- Roger Carel… Astérix , Caius Pupus and 2 senators
- Jacques Morel… Obélix
- Pierre Tornado… Abraracourcix
- Henri Virlojeux… Panoramix
- Jean Martinelli… Jules César
- Pascal Mazzotti
- Lawrence Riesner
- Claude Dasset
- Roger Lumont… Cylindric the Germain
- Gerard Hernandez… the worthy one of the top
- Henri Virlojeux… It hypnotizing Egyptian magician
- Nicole Vervil
- Jacques Hilling… the centurion
- Henri Pear tree
- Mary Mongourdin
- Gisele Grimm
- Bernard Lavalette… the prefect
- Caroline Cler
- Micheline Dax… the Large Priestess
- Odette Laure… the employee in the house which makes insane
- Monique Thubert
- Nicole Jonesco
- Claude Bertrand
- Georges Atlas
- Stephan Steeman… Mannekenpix the Belgian
- Alice Sapritch
- Pierre Tchernia… the narrator
|Random links:||Patanjali | Island detectives | Physical engine | Freddie Steele | Islam in Romania | Ini_Kamoze|