Its inhabitants is called the “Tourangeaux” and the “Tourangelles”. The area is often called “the garden of France”. Turns is classified Ville of Art and of History, it is crossed by the the Loire classified with the world heritage of UNESCO, and often received the Grand Prix of fleurissement national the (2000, 2003 and 2006).
General informationThe Ville is located on the ground arm separating the the Loire and the Cher, just upstream of the Confluent of these two rivers, at a place where them passage is relatively easy. It is spread out in north over the plate of Saint-Symphorien (where the point highest of the city is) and in the south on the plate of Grandmont.
The old habitat is gathered around two cores, constituting the Old man Turns: - the district of the cathedral Saint-Gatien, built on the ruins of the Gallo-Roman city, - the district of Châteauneuf, born with the Middle Ages around the Basilica St Martin and of the current Plumereau Place. Between these two cores, all was devastated during the Second world war and the rebuilt buildings, in spite of an attempt to restore the original aspect of it in particular street Nationale, are not of any architectural interest.
The city is located at an important crossroads between the transportation routes towards south-west (Poitiers, Bordeaux) then the Spain and those serving the west of France (Angers, Nantes, Rennes, Mans) and the Breton peninsula .
DetailTurns extending to north from the the Loire and the south from the Expensive, the city is separate in three entities more or less distinct from/to each other but not having any official existence: Turn-North (in the north of the the Loire), Turn-South (in the south of the Expensive) and Turn-Center (which corresponds to the city between the Loire and Cher).
The town of Turns comprises 34 districts:
As of the Gallic time, the city was important as a crossing point of the the Loire. Placed under the Roman authority, at the 1st century apr. J. - C., the city named “Caesarodunum” (“hill of César”), the name evolved/moved at the 4th century by joining that of the tribe of the Gaulois present on the site, the Turones , to be called “Civitas Turonorum” then “Turns”. It is of this time that date the Amphithéâtre of Turns, one of five larger of the Empire. Turns becomes the metropolis of the Roman province of Lyons third towards 380 - 388, dominating the valley of the the Loire, the Maine and the Brittany.
One of the outstanding figures of the history of the city was holy Martin, second bishop (Gatien is a mythical bishop) who divided his coat with one stripped with Amiens. This history and the importance of Martin in the medieval Christian Occident made Towers a town of major pilgrimage to the Moyen-âge and in particular a stage towards Saint-Jacob de Compostelle. With the 6th century, Gregoire de Tours, author of the Ten Books of History , mark the town of its print in particular by restoring the cathedral destroyed by a fire in 561. The Saint Martin's day monastery profited very early, at the beginning of the 6th century, of liberalities and support of the frank kings, Clovis the first, which increased considerably the influence of the saint, the abbey and the city as a Gaulle. At the 9th century, Tours is one of the hearths of the Carolingian Renaissance, in particular because of abbatiat of Alcuin to holy Martin.
In 845, Tours pushes back a first attack of the chief Viking Hasting. In 850, the Vikings settle with the mouths of the Seine and the Loire which they borrow then. Always carried out by Hasting, they go up the Loire in again 852 and put at bag Angers, Tours and the abbey of Marmoutier.
During the the Middle Ages, Tours consists of two juxtaposed and competitor cores. The “Quoted” in the east, heiress of the castrum tardo-antique, is composed of the archiépiscopal unit (cathedral and residence of the archbishops) and of the castle of Turns, sits of the authority comtale (tourangelle then angevine) and royal. In the west, the “new city” structured around the Saint Martin's day abbey émancipe of the City during the 10th century (an enclosure is built towards 918) and becomes “Châteauneuf”; this space, organized between Saint Martin's day and the the Loire, becomes the economic center of Turns. Between these two entities remained of spaces of Varenne, of vines and fields little densément occupied, except for the |abbey Saint-Julien installed in edge of the Loire. The two cores are linked by an enclosure of meeting during the 14th century. Turns is a model of the medieval double city.
Turns became the capital of the Comté of Turns or Touraine, territory bitterly disputed between the Blaisois and the Anjou, winner at the 11th century. Capital of France at the time of Louis XI which had settled with the castle of Montils (current castle of Plessis to the Rich person, Banlieue western of Turns), Tours and the Touraine remained until the 16th century a continual stay of the kings and court. The Renaissance offered to Tours and the Touraine many private mansions and castles, joined together to some extent under generic name of “Loire ch4ateau”. It is also at the time of Louis XI that the industry of the Soie, which survives today with difficulty, there was introduced.
Charles IX passes in the city at the time of royal sound Tour de France (1564 - 1566), accompanied by the Court and Large by the kingdom: his/her brother the duke of Anjou, Henri de Navarre, cardinal of Bourbon and Lorraine. At this time, the catholics took again the things in hand in Angers: the intendant assumed the right to name the aldermen.
The Massacre of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre is not repeated there (at the end of August 1572): the Protestants are imprisoned there by the aldermen, which avoids the extermination to them.
It is the arrival of the Railroad at the 19th century which saved the city by making some an important crossroads (station of Turn-Saint-Pierre-of-Body). At that time, Tours grows towards the south (district of the Emoluments). This position consequently privileged marked the revival of the city which became during all the 20th century an agglomeration démographiquement dynamic and economically turned towards the tertiary sector.
In 1920, the city accommodated the Congrès of Turns which saw the constitution of the French Communist party and accommodated in a transitory way the government of free France in 1940. Part of the center of the city was completely destroyed at the time of a gigantic fire of the 20 to the June 22nd, fire caused by German incendiary bombs. The Bridge Wilson (“stone bridge”), which supplied the city out of water, had been dynamited to slow down the projection of the Wehrmacht. Not being able to extinguish the blazing inferno, the inhabitants could only flee. Other bombardments struck hard the district of the station in 1944, making several hundreds of deaths.
The rebuilding of the city was unhappy. Destroyed in 1940 and not in 1944 like many other cities martyrdoms, Tours had already known four years of hutments and casemates when the war ceased. To rebuild was urgent. A plan with American of twenty quadrangular small islands was thus drawn up and one spoke a time to destroy the southern part of the street Nationale to put it in conformity with the news. The architectural masterpieces of the 16th century-18th century were partly lost, just as the monumental entry of the city.
The recent history of Turns is marked by the personality of Jean Royer, his Maire during thirty-six years which contributed to save the Old man-Turns of the total demolition and did one of the first “safeguarded sectors of it”, example of restoration which inspired the law Malraux of safeguarding of the old centers. Jean Royer also extended the city towards the south in the Années 1970 by rectifying the course of Expensive to build the districts of Banks of Expensive and Fontaines, then one of the largest urban building sites of Europe. In 1970 is founded the university François-Rabelais, whose center of gravity is installed in edge of the Loire in full downtown area, and not as it was then the tendency in a campus in suburbs (solution chosen in particular by the twin university of Orleans). Its long mandate knew sometimes discussed achievements however, such as the passage instead of an old channel, with 1.500 meters of the cathedral, highway A10 (practical but not very esthetic), or the construction of the original center of congress Vinci by Jean Nouvel which durably involved in debt the city while making Towers one of the principal destinations " congrès" from France.
Jean Germain made reduction of the debt at the time of its accession to the town hall in 1995 a priority. Ten years after, its economic management is regarded as much wiser than that of its predecessor, the financial position of the city having returned on a stable level. The action of Jean Germain remains however criticized by the municipal opposition for its little of ambition: no large building site comparable with those of Jean Royer was truly launched under its dual mandate. This position is disputed by the municipal team which affirms to concentrate more on quality of life (urban renovation, development of public transport, cultural activity).
See also: List of the counts de Tours - List of the bishops of Turns
“Of sand, with three covered money towers; with the chief of azure charged with three flowers of gold lily. ”
One knows an alternate version of it:
“Of sand with three turns from money, 2 and 1, opened and built of sand, pavillonnées and girouettées of mouths; with the bent chief of azure charged with three flowers of gold lily. ”The modern logo represents a gray tower with three crenels of which a rainbow springs. The name in him even of Turns does not have any relationship with a turn, but the symbol is used by homophony.
Important buildings and sitesTours is classified town of art and history.
Buildings and monuments
- the cathedral Saint-Gatien (12th century-16th century) whose first state goes back to the 4th century, seat of the archbishop of Turns and heart of the ecclesiastical province of Turns;
- the church Saint-Julien (old Benedictine abbey whose origin goes back to the 6th century, and of which the abbey date mainly of the 13th century);
- the Turn Charlemagne and the Tower of the Clock (remainders of the 13th century of the collegial medieval Saint Martin's day);
- old the abbey of Marmoutier (founded at the 4th century by holy Martin, bishop of Turns, today a private college-college);
- the old Saint-Éloi priory or “prioratus S. Jacobi de Ulmo Roberti” (mentioned as of the 10th century), and whose vault (end of the 12th century) is currently the seat of the municipal Files of Turns;
- the Palate of the Archbishops, current Museum of the Art schools de Tours;
- the castle of Turns, old residence of the counts d' Anjou;
- the Hotel Goüin (private mansion of the 15th century);
- Several architectural units including/understanding of the houses in the Old man-Turns (end the Middle Ages);
- an architectural unit including/understanding, in addition to the modern basilica, the town hall and the station of Turn-Center, built by Victor Laloux, architect tourangeau;
- the law courts;
- the Amphitheater of Turns, disappeared.
Sites and places
- the Old man-Turns along a East-West axis (street Colbert then street commercial) and centered around the Plumereau place as well as streets of the Large Market, Exchange and Grill room; together architectural of houses and medieval private mansions and Rebirth
See also: Amorce=La complete listing is available in the article, Tourangeaux famous
Turns was or the birth land of welcome of many famous personalities, François Rabelais, Honore de Balzac, holy Martin, Alfred Velpeau, Francis Poulenc or in a more recent register the journalist Harry Roselmack, the actors and actors Jacques Villeret and Jean Carmet.
MayorsList mayors of Turns since the beginning of the 20th century:
Topographic evolutionOf XIIIe with XVIIIe S., 16 parishes had their chief town in the town of Turns; 4 of them extend extra-muros, in the suburbs and their extra-muros territories constitute 4 collections: Rich person-Extra the, Saint-Etienne-Extra one, Saint-Pierre-of-Body and Saint-Symphorien-Extra; their intramural part includes/understands the church, i.e. the chief town, which justifies their membership of the town of Turns and their tax exemption. 5 parishes were removed: Saint-Pierre of the Hanging-post and Saint-Simple by decrees of the archbishop of Turns of April 14th, 1773 and of May 5th, 1773 (Departmental records of Indre-et-Loire - G 16); Notre-Dame of Écrignole, Holy-Cross and Saint-Denis by Decree of the archbishop of Turns of January 22nd, 1781 (Departmental records of Indre-et-Loire - G 16 and 1015).
---- The Decree of the National Assembly of April 9th, 1791, sanctioned by the law of April 17th, 1791, establishes a new district of the parishes of the town of Turns and the number reduced some to 4: Saint-Gatien, episcopal parish, including/understanding the part intramurally Are city, limited to the street Nationale and the avenue of Grammont, extra-muros the commune of Saint-Pierre-of-Body and the part of the Saint-Etienne-Extra commune in the East of the avenue of Grammont to the river of Expensive; Saint Martin's day, intramurally including/understanding the territory which extended from the street Nationale to the parish Our-Lady-the-Rich person; Our-Lady-the-rich person for the remainder of the Western part of the town of Turns to the commune of the Rich person, and this commune and Saint-Jean-of-Beaumont for the extra-muros part; Saint-Symphorien for the intramural part of the town of Turns in the North of the Loire, and the commune of Saint-Symphorien for the extra-muros part.
---- Delimitation carried out of Turns of with Beaumont, the Rich person, Saint-Cyr-sur-Loire, Saint-Etienne, Saint-Pierre-of-Body and Saint-Symphorien by imperial Decree of May 29th, 1808: Turns yields to Saint-Symphorien the Western part of the Island-Aucard, that is to say 2 ha 73 has without dwelling; The Rich person yields to Tours 2 ha 36 has of Ruau Holy-Anne on the level of the Barrier Holy-Anne; the Barrier of Saint-Pierre-of-Body, recognized placed at 15 m beyond the house of the receiver of the granting, cut a house which the imperial Decree allotted in entirety to Saint-Pierre-of-Body (Files Main roads-F 2 II Indre-et-Loire 3, plan annexed to the minute).
---- By the law of June 14th, 1845, the commune of Saint-Etienne-Extra was joined together with that of Turns. ---- Delimitation carried out of Saint-Avertin of with Turns and Saint-Pierre-of-Body, by the law of May 5th, 1855: the limits were fixed at the channel of Berry in the East and Expensive at the South; Saint-Avertin yields to Tours Arênes, Beaujardin, Bondonnière, the Squares, Champ Pretty, the Locks, the House-D' Slate, Bridge-Length, Rabaterie and the Glassmaking; Turns yields to Saint-Avertin Park-of-Grandmont and his castle, the part Is Meadow-of-the-Large-River, without dwelling, whose limit corresponds to that of the RN 10.
---- By Decree of December 26th, 1961, Saint-Avertin yields to Tours all the part received by the law of May 5th, 1855, the Wood-Piece and the West of Meadow-of-Grammont, is 197 ha 30 has and 231 inhabitants. By Order of the prefect of June 1st, 1965, Saint-Avertin yields to Tours 2 parts of his territory: in the North of Expensive, the Exhibition site and the Stage of Honor, with their appendices; in the South of Expensive, the West of Meadow-of-Grammont, the part being limited to the highway A 10; that is to say 137 ha and 136 inhabitants; Saint-Avertin receives Turns 3 ha in the South of Sagerie and Park of Grandmont, without dwelling.
---- Saint-Symphorien. Parish, then common formed in 1790 starting from the collection of Saint-Symphorien, out the walls of Turns. By Official report of delimitation and 21 germinal year Order of the prefect 9, Saint-Symphorien yielded to Holy-Radegonde-in-Touraine 19 ha and accepted 86 ha in exchange, without dwelling. Delimitation carried out of Saint-Symphorien of with Holy-Radegonde-in-Touraine, 1808 (A.N. - F 2 II Indre-et-Loire 3). Commune joined together with that of Turns by Order of the prefect of May 21st, 1964. ---- Holy-Radegonde-in-Touraine. Official report of delimitation and 21 germinal year Order of the prefect 9, Saint-Symphorien yielded to Holy-Radegonde-in-Touraine 19 ha and accepted 86 ha in exchange, without dwelling. Delimitation carried out of Saint-Symphorien of with Holy-Radegonde-in-Touraine, 1808 (A.N. - F 2 II Indre-et-Loire 3). The Order of the prefect of May 21st, 1964 joins together the commune of Holy-Radegonde-in-Touraine with that of Turns.
Local organizationTurns is the center of the Communauté of Tours agglomeration More which gathers 14 communes and nearly 260.000 inhabitants.
According to INSEE, the Suburbs of Turns (space whose city is the “urban pole”) account 23 communes for 301.386 inhabitants, and Turns is in fact the principal pole of a urban Aire including/understanding 80 communes and gathering 376.374 inhabitants, that is to say 68% of the population of the Indre-et-Loire. Nevertheless, the majority of the communes of the second tourangelle crown preferred to federate around 4 communities of distinct communes.
Internal organizationTurns is divided into seven cantons, which are made up only of fractions of the commune:
- the Canton of Turn-Center account 20.005 inhabitants;
- the Canton of Turn-Is account 19.234 inhabitants;
- the Canton of Turn-North-Is account 18.214 inhabitants;
- the Canton of Turn-North-West account 17.694 inhabitants;
- the Canton of Turn-West account 19.350 inhabitants;
- the Canton of Turn-South account 18.435 inhabitants;
- the Canton of Turn-Valley-of-Expensive the account 19.888 inhabitants.
Transportation routesTurns has a privileged geographical location.
Although the street names and districts refer to an active shipping, the Loire is not navigable today any more.
Highway waysAlmost encircled by the peripheral tourangeau which will be completed in the 15 years to come, Tours is located at the center of a highway star with 5 branches. The A10 connecting Paris to Bordeaux has passed very close to the city for 30 years, the A28 Rouen - Turns (open in December 2005) and the A85 Angers - Vierzon (complete opening envisaged in April 2008) will connect the city to the western frontage and the valley of the Rhone.
Many transverse connections of national interest supplement this grid (N10, N76, N138, etc). The skirting of Turns by a highway section (A10 (a) or A110) is also studied.
The Tourangelle metropolis is served by the network of bus Blue Fil (30 lines, 230 buses) which functions 7 days a week of 5:30 to 1:30 of the morning (service reduced the evening and Sunday).
A project of tram is under study and knows in 2007 a true launching after many years of hesitation. A first line of a cost bordering the 250 million euros, will connect the district of Europe (Turn-North) to Play-the-Turns via the Pont Wilson, the place of the Station and the district of the Two-Lions (the old railway bridge of the Vendée will be rebuilt) on 16,5 km enamelled of 34 stations. One second line is considered later on between the Jean-Jaurès place and the station TGV of Saint-Pierre-of-Body. The municipality being given so that no wire blocks the downtown area, the system of APS (Food by the Ground) of Bordeaux, is retained on most of the course. Indeed one of the main issues of the layout is the Pont Wilson classified with the national heritage which spans the the Loire classified with the World heritage of UNESCO, which aesthetically makes difficult any food by air line of contact. According to any probability, the first section of the line will not be brought into service before 2013. Let us note that Tours was, at the beginning of the 20th century, one of the first cities to equip its tram with a food by the ground via a third rail, but the system was rudimentary and dangerous.
Turns is connected to the remainder of the department thanks to the network of coaches Touraine Fil Green
Railway waysTurns always was well located on the French railway network. So today some lines of local interest were closed, the regional network FOR THE THIRD TIME Center is, since the years 1990 under development constant. Regional connections are ensured at the beginning of Turns towards Castle of the Dormouse and Mans, Saumur and Angers, Azay the Curtain and Chinon, Loches, Vierzon, Bourges and Nevers, Amboise, Blois and Orleans, Vendôme, Châteaudun and Paris via Brétigny. Thanks to installations in progress, " trains of banlieue" will be brought soon into service between Tours and Bléré and Tours and Cormery. Under Interloire name circulate of FOR THE THIRD TIME fast along the Loire Valley between Orleans, Tours and Nantes. On the whole, about fifteen stations are served in the tourangelle agglomeration, unfortunately rather badly connected to the networks of bus or bus. The connections Paris-Austerlitz - Orleans - Turns are ensured out of Coral under the Aqualys mark and the interregional connections Nantes/Bourges/Lyon and Tours/Mans/Caen joined the family of the Intercités Coral. But the revolution took place with the startup of the TGV Atlantique which has, since 1990, reinforced the position of the city by connecting it in 55 minutes to the capital. All the areas of France are accessible directly since Tours by the train, the majority by the TGV: Lille, Brussels and London in north, Rheims, Nancy, Metz and Strasbourg in the East, Lyon and Marseilles with south-east, and all the Atlantic facade to Toulouse in south-west. Turns is served by two important stations: the station Turn-Center, mainly for the relations FOR THE THIRD TIME, the station Turns - Saint-Pierre-of-Body mainly for the relations TGV, the latter being in addition one of principal centers sortings and of railway maintenance of France. These two stations, whose total traffic places the railway complex Tours/St Pierre among 10 more important of the SNCF, are connected very frequently by shuttles. Work of Southern LGV Atlantic Europe should start towards 2013. At its startup, Bordeaux will be located at 1:15 of Turns.
Air routesSit of a formerly prosperous Airline company (TAT), Tours forever be an airport place of first importance since of all its history, the 20 000 annual passengers had never been exceeded. The proximity of the Parisian airports (Roissy CDG is accessible today directly by TGV since Turns in 1:15) is a serious handicap just as that of the airport of Poitiers (100 km) which, thanks to the presence of the Futuroscope, knew better to promote its potential of local traffic.
Since 2001 however, several regular connections towards Lyon (since abandoned), London and the Corsica and of many “flights holidays” started again the activity of the platform and propelled the airport Turn-Valley of the Loire among the important regional airports with a traffic bordering the 100 000 annual passengers.
The movements of planes are nevertheless very important, because the air base 705 is installed on the airport. It made there live the school of hunting of the Air force which is involved on Alpha Jet.
EconomyThe city has 14.270 companies in its agglomeration (source Tour (S) more).
Turns is the seat of the Chamber of commerce and industry of Touraine. It manages the airport of Turns.
The regional newspaper the New Republic of the Mid-west has its seat with Tours and is diffused on 7 departments and is drawn with 290.000 daily specimens.
The first employer of the agglomeration and the city is the CHRU (university Hospital regional) which employs nearly 3.641 paid (source: Basile, 2006). The SNCF arrives behind: in addition to his stations, the railway operator has with Tours and St Pierre of the Bodies many administrative establishments (Regional management), industrialists and of maintenance.
Moreover, establishment of air base BA 705 armature approximately 8.000 direct uses and indirect in all the department. More exactly, it directly employs 1.930 people on her site tourangeau, 519 with Five-March the Pile (sources: Basile, 2006).
In 2002, settled the first entirely virtual Banque French without any counter, " Zebank" , creating thus approximately 400 jobs. It quickly became the subsidiary company of " Egg" , a British bank, but was quickly resold because overdrawn. However the group Auchan new owner maintained the activity by changing the name “Oney”.
It is also the seat of the 2nd French production site of Michelin, with for main activity all the Weight-heavy sector (1 300 employment). Moreover, STMicroelectronics has a site of more than 10 hectares in Turn-North with 1.700 employees.
The agglomeration has 73 research units and 1.500 researchers.
The new district of the Two-Lions, entirely equipped out of fiberoptic, concentrates the new establishments as the center of call of Bouygues Telecom, the regional seat of MAIF, a multiplexing with 12 rooms, the university of right, economy and social sciences, the polytechnic section (specialities in installation, data processing and computer-integrated manufacturing). But also the next shopping mall planned for 2007, and naturally the district are entirely built around the email, which should see passing the tram.
Lastly, the town of Turns will accommodate the 16th store IKEA on the central location of Rochepinard, beside the Exhibition site, the Stade of the Valley of Expensive the, and the regional shopping mall “the Telamones”. 300 employment should be create by the Swedish sign. This project starts again the debate of the great highway skirting A110 since the traffic induced in the crossing of Turns by this establishment is likely to grow in an important way.
- the New Republic of the Mid-west is the local daily, it appears Monday to Sunday. The seat is place of Verdun.
- the Duck of the corner (two-monthly newspaper of political and social investigations)
- PROG! Diary of the exits Towers and agglo (semi-monthly free on the culture and the exits)
- the ptit Zappeur (twice-weekly magazine TV free)
- IP 37 (weekly free newspaper)
- Towers Madam
- Ailleursmag (monthly free magazine)
- Tours.info (monthly free municipal magazine)
- Turn (S) more the mag (magazine of the free agglo trimensuel)
- TV Towers is the local television of Turns (on the microwave channel 30), its studios are installed Verdun place.
- France 3 Turns established place of the Markets, is the first unhooking information of local size created by the chain in 1989. M6 encased to him the step for the first unhooking information room of the chain in the current of the same year, but the experiment finished in 2001.
- France Blue Touraine based place of the Markets.
- Radio operator Campus Turns, radio associative coed (in university period on 89.6 FM), it is based with the IUT of Turn-north.
- NRJ with " Tours" planet;
- Europe2 Turns
- Lark Towers
- Radio Concrete is a local associative radio created in 1984, diffusing on Tours and most of the department of Indre-et-Loire on frequency 93.6 FM.
- Cherished FM with " Good morning Tours"
- RTL2 Turns
Poles of competitiveness
Turns has four Pole of competitiveness. These poles have the role to innovate and instigate the metropolis Tourangelle. They gather companies, training centres and poles of research. Four poles:
- Sciences and Systèmes of electrical energy
- Sciences of the beauty and the wellbeing
- Polymers Ceramic Technologies
School-College-collegesThe city counts fourteen public colleges and eight private colleges. The city counts eleven public lycées (six generals and five professionals) and seven colleges private.
UniversityThe university of Turns François-Rabelais gathers nearly 25.000 students The university of Turns is divided into 6 units of formation and research which are distributed on the city.
- 2 - UFR Right, Economy and Social sciences (Portalis site/Two-Lions)
- 3 - UFR Letters and Languages (site of the Tanners)
- 4 - UFR Medicine (site Arbor)
- 5 - UFR Pharmacy (site of Grandmont)
- 6 - UFR Technical Sciences and (site of Grandmont)
The university of Turns proposes 35 licenses (vat +3) and 90 masters (vat +4 and +5).
Also depend on the university:
the IUT of Turns and Blois and their various formations (biological genius, social careers, physical measurements, administration and business management, electronic engineering and industrial data processing, control and development of materials…) (Sites: Grandmont, Blois, Bridge-Wheel) .
The Institut of journalism of Turns (IUT) is one of the florets of the university.
the C.E.S.R. or Centers higher learning of the Rebirth.
See also: Amorce=Voir also, University of Turns
- the National college of business and of management of Turn-Poitiers ESCEM
- the Polytechnic school of the University of Turns (recognized by CTI)
- the National school of engineers of the Loire Valley EIVL (Blois) (recognized by CTI)
- the University of data processing SUPINFO Turns
- the University of the Art schools de Tours
- 3Ecole Nationale Sup3erieure of nature and landscape (ENSNP) (Blois)
- the School Brassart de Tours
- the Academic institute of formation Masters of Turns (IUFM)
The city lays out of 50 parks and gardens, cumulating 40.000 m ² green areas. Turns is indicated city flowered (4 flowers) by the National council of the Cities and Flowered Villages of France. In addition, the city is crossed north in the south and of in west by the route of the Loire with bicycle is, it is thus possible to visit the agglomeration Turns and the river from Angers or even Nantes since in the long term they is 800 km of cycle tracks which will be placed at the disposal of the tourists.
|Random links:||Canton of Orleans-South | Berta (language) | Zoophore | Pirates Edelweiss | Salliqueló (partido)|