Formed in 1992, Tunnels is an American group of jazz fusion founded by the Vibraphoniste and Percussionniste Suisse Marc Wagnon and the Bassiste Fretless Percy Jones (in the past of the group Brand X with Phil Collins, just like John Goodsall). The formation of origin is the quartet Wagnon, Jones like Frank Katz with the battery and Van Manakas, multi-instrumentalist and Compositeur.
The music of the group is defined as this: jazz progressive rock'n'roll/fusion , electronic and instrumental. The influences are very numerous, but the group can easily be connected to the Jazz fusion of certain artists of the the Seventies (Tony Williams Lifetime, Mahavishnu Orchestra (Phil Collins), Miles Davis…).
Currently, the basic members of Tunnels are Wagnon, Jones and the beater Walker Adams. During its career, several changes of musicians were brought to the group. This is why the formation is listed between paranthèses after each album of the Discographie below.
Marc Wagnon and the singer Sarah Pillow is the creators of the company of edition Buckyball Music.
1993 Percy Jones With Tunnels (Wagnon, Jones, Katz and Manakas)
- 1999 Painted Rock'n'roll (Wagnon, Jones, Katz, Manakas and Sarah Pillow)
- 1999 Tunnels With Percy Jones (Wagnon, Jones, Katz and Manakas)
- 2002 Progressivity (Wagnon, Jones, Katz, Manakas, John Goodsall (guitar) (Brand X) and Mark Feldman (violin))
- 2004 Live: The Art off Living room Dangerously (Wagnon, Jones, Katz, Goodsall)
- 2006 Natural Selection (Wagnon, Jones, John O' Reilly (battery))
|Random links:||My Chemical Lovesong | Maui (mythology) | Vahan Térian | Ležimir | Charles Curran (theologist) | 1867_en_Afrique_du_Sud|