HeraldicWeapons of the commune: of gold to the rafter of mouths accompanied at a peak by a money swan, to the chief of azure charged with three money stars. (Weapons of Audubert) the Blason was voted by the municipal council on June 27th 1987.
HistoryUntil the XIXe century the borough of Tudeils was consisted of the castle, the church, of the presbytery and the cemetery, the whole grouped at the bottom of a small valley close to the road of Beaulieu with Tulle. This promiscuity was not without problem. Tudeils will have three churches and as many cemeteries. Towards the end of the XIXe heart of the borough will move on the top of the small valley. It is into 859 that the name of Tudel is quoted for the first time by the abbot founder of the abbey of Beaulieu which begs the bishop of Limoges to grant to him the pleasure of the church of the place dedicated to St Martin. The parish belonged to Carolingian times with the vicairie of Asnac where the counts de Quercy had goods which they partly gave to the abbey of Beaulieu. It is attached to the Viscount of Turenne (several homages into 1470,1519), but they are the lords of Tudeils who have high justice, i.e. justice with all the degrees with honorary rights like the right to name the priest (presented by the abbot of Beaulieu), the right of bench, tomb, etc… With the Middle Ages, several families are entitled lords of Tudeils: In 1190 and 1204, Etienne de Tudeils, in 1415 Bertrand de Tudeils then his Jean son whose only girl Anne de Tudeils will be combined with François d' Antissac in XVIe century, period of the construction of the current castle. Then by various alliances, the castle will pass to the family Green de Saint Marsaud, Henry, Charles or Jean-Jacques, Viscounts of Verdier d' Eyburie to the Limousin. This last will sell in 1718 with the family of Gimel. In 1365, the powerful knight Ademar d' Aigrefeuille de Gramat is entitled lord of Tudeils and Lafon. In 1415 and 1427, Pierre Aymar de Lostanges, father and sons, recognize goods with Tudeils, the Farmhouse of Coste, Chassanh or Chassaing, in the same way noble Hugues of Jean de Curemonte, wire of Pierre and grandson of Raymond in 1454.
Places and monuments
Castle of Salvanie,
- Castle of Lallé,
- Castle of Lacoste, who belonged to the family of Audubert; on certain stones of this one the weapons of this family are carved.
- Cross of way dating from the 15th century.
Personalities related to the commune
Articles of Wikipédia
Common of Corrèze
|Random links:||Ferdinand Barlow | Francisco Javier Fernández | Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds | Pontelandolfo | Niccolò Zingarelli | Cryptomonad|