Troyes (to pronounce) is a common French, located in the department of the Aube (of which it is the prefecture) and the area Champagne-Ardenne. It is the center of a community of agglomeration, the Communauté of Trojan Agglomeration (CAT), of 130.000 inhabitants.
Its inhabitants is called Troyens and the Trojan ones.
GeographyAt approximately 160 km in the south-east of Paris, Troyes is located on the the Seine. Actually, the Seine is divided into several arms and runs on the territory of Troyes by the means of channels. The other common surrounding benefit thus from many arms of the Seine.
This old medieval city preserves a remarkable inheritance. Thus it is center town. Indeed, “the city in the shape of champagne stopper” (seen sky, the trees and channels draw the aforementioned “stopper” around the 53 hectares of the historical heart) is regarded as “the most beautiful medieval town whole of France”. The Trojan Moyen-Âge houses are “almost very of Renaissance style”, which makes them remarkable from the architectural point of view. After the general fire of 1524, the inhabitants rebuilt their residences with the identical one.
HistoryThe town of Troyes owes its name with the Gallic people of the Tricasses. It is in the surroundings of Troyes that into 451 the battle of the catalaunic Champs would have proceeded at the end which Attila was overcome and turned back. With high-Means Age, city was capital of county which was the principal area of the Comté of Champagne, of which it was also the capital with the Middle Ages, until the fastening of Champagne to the kingdom of France. It was an important crossroads for the itinerant tradesmen, who gathered in what was called the Foires of Champagne. These fairs always exist but more have the form of an exposure and lost in importance.
Charles IX passes in the city at the time of royal sound Tour de France (1564 - 1566), accompanied by the Cour and Large by the kingdom: his/her brother the duke of Anjou, Henri de Navarre, cardinal of Bourbon and Lorraine.
The town of Troyes emitted a particularly rich coining of 80 before J. - C. at 1773.
HeraldicBlasonnement of the traditional weapons of the town of Troyes:
- Of azure to the money band côtoyée of two double gold potencées cotices of thirteen parts, to the chief also of azure charged with three flowers of gold lily.
It is about the blazon of the counts de Champagne to which a chief of " good ville" (carrying the three flowers of lily of France) was granted.
AdministrationTroyes is the chief town of seven cantons:
- the 1st canton is made of part of Troyes and communes of Saint-Parres-with-Hillocks and Villechétif (14 323 inhabitants);
- the 2nd canton is made of part of Troyes and communes of Creney-près-Troyes, Lavau, Mergey, Bridge-Holy-Marie, the Saint-Benoit-on-Seine, Holy-Moor, Vailly and Villacerf (16 438 inhabitants);
- the 3rd canton is made of part of Troyes (14 789 inhabitants);
- the 4th canton is made of part of Troyes, part of the Vault-Saint-Luc and communes of Barberey-Saint-Sulpice, the House-Holy-Julie, Payns, Saint-Lyé and Villeloup (15 515 inhabitants);
- the 5th canton is made of part of Troyes (10 034 inhabitants);
- the 6th canton is made of part of Troyes and communes of Wool-with-Wood, Saint-Andre-the-Orchards and Saint-Germain (19 012 inhabitants);
- the 7th canton is made of part of Troyes and communes of Bréviandes, Rosières-près-Troyes and Saint-Julien-the-Villas (17 010 inhabitants).
Troyes belongs to the Communauté of the Trojan agglomeration what represents nearly 130.000 inhabitants.
Tourist monuments and places
- Troyes is classified town of art and history.
- Its lakes (Lake of the forest of the East) where one can devote oneself to the fishing, with the nautical leisures or the bathe. The lakes were partly specialized in one or more in these activities.
Remarkable buildings and public places; Town hall: Style Louis XIII, dating from the 17th century. This Town hall is one of rare to have preserved on its porch the revolutionary currency in its initial form: indivisible Unit of the Republic - Freedom, equality, fraternity, or death
; Hotel of the Black Lion: (16th century). Decoration of the typical frontage of the 2nd rebirth. Staircase spiral out of very rare wood. The majority of this type are made out of stone at that time. It belonged to the family Huez. Located street Emile Zola), it is registered on the second list of world heritage.
- the architecture of the “stopper of champagne” is dominated by houses with Colombage S of the 16th century and 17th centuries, in the course of restoration since the beginning of the Années 1990. For example, one finds a whole of houses with Colombage street Passerat. Certain roofs and houses are covered with Essente S, tiles in Châtaignier, famous wood Imputrescible.
- the lane of the cat S very narrow gives an idea of the streets Féodal are narrowing in height. The floors of the houses overflowed on the street to increase their surface. The tax was calculated on the Surface on the ground. This lane would owe its name with the fact that a cat could pass on one side to the other of the street while passing by the roofs.
; Hotel of Marisy: (16th century).
; Hotel of Mauroy: (16th century). Building built about 1550, it was transformed into Private mansion by Jean de Mauroy, Seigneur of Colasverdey, rider, Contrôleur of the sizes and assistances of the kingdom, alderman of Troyes. Then became in turn orphanage, manufacture of " low of tricots" , workshop of draperies, military administration, then finally seat of a local newspaper. Classified Historic building in 1862, the town of Troyes acquired the Hotel in 1966 and entrusted it to the Compagnons of the Duty which undertook its restoration in the rules of Article It henceforth accommodates the House of the Tool and the Working Thought, which is the largest museum of tools for shaping in the world.
- Trincamp : imaginary city of the film Blow of head, (moreover the match is actually a match opposing the T.A.F (ancètre ESTAC) to Auxerre) its name is directly inspired by Troyes, and Guingamp Liste of towns of fiction
- the city is known for its stores of factory at low price of clothing, shoes. It from now on became the European capital about it.
- Foundry S;
- Transformation of the plastics
- pneumatic S.
Troyes is the seat of the Chamber of commerce and industry of Troyes and of the Paddle as well as the seat of the Room of Trades and the Craft industry of the Paddle. It manages the river port of Nogent-sur-Seine and the aerodrome of Troyes.
Higher educationPublic corporations
- University of Technology of Troyes (UTT)
- IUT of Troyes (University of Rheims Champagne-Ardenne)
- Faculty (University of Rheims Champagne-Ardenne)
- Academic institute of the Trades of the Inheritance (IUMP)
- Academic institute of training of the Masters (IUFM)
- Training institute in care male nurses (IFSI of Troyes/IDE)
- Preparatory class at the universities (CPGE) scientific and economic
- Advanced vocational diploma (BTS)
SUPINFO (University of data processing)
- National college of business of Troyes (ESC Troyes) - group ESC Troyes
- University of Applied arts (ESAA) - group ESC Troyes
- Is flash
- the Dispatch of the Paddle
- (1951) (very first European twinning)
- List of the bishops of Troyes
- Site of the town hall of Troyes
feudal currencies of Troyes
Site of the working memory and the industrial memory
Photographs of Troyes, the champagne stopper and its churches
|Random links:||Francileudo Santos | Ildebrando Pizzetti | Another Day | Biennial rotation | Solid mass of Hochschwab | Événement_d'extinction|