The Touch Rugby (also called " touch football" or right " touch" , of the verb English to touch which means to touch ) is a sport of the family of the Rugby, whose rules are connected more with the Rugby with XIII than with the Rugby with XV. The players " plates " players of the opposing team by a simple contact thus not of plating to the direction rugballistic of the term. The touched can be carried out on any part of the player or the balloon.
Generally the players of traditional Rugby play touch Rugby at the end of a training session, because of absence of contact that reduces the risks of wound. The schools also use, in their studies, the touch Rugby to avoid the physical risks associated with traditional Rugby.
The rules are simple and the play does not require much material (a balloon and a rectangular ground). There exists a version of the touch adapted which is exploited the beach: the beach touch . Although sometimes named " Touch football" , the play with the foot is prohibited, which reduces the strategic field.
The physical contact - characteristic of Rugby - is avoided, which makes the play open to all, and gives the possibility of playing without fear of wounds. There exist thus mixed teams.
The touch assistance also to develop the essential capacities and the necessary form useful for Rugby and the other sports.
The play can be also adapted for the handicapped people.
The play is not completely codified, certain alternatives exist.
Until 2003-04, RFU had a development program for the young people off called The Three Stages the Rugby Continuum . This program encourages the play without contact in the competitions of Rugby for less than 18 years.
International federation of Touch
See also: International federation of Touch
A team is made up of six players and the goal is to mark tests with the other team.
- Action of touching the adversary on any part of the body, the balloon or clothing. One must shout " at this time; Touch" what makes it possible the adversary to know that it was touched.
- After Touch, the touched player must carry out the handing-over concerned ( rollball ) at the place of Touch (the mark ). Touch can be carried out with one or two hands but should never be violent under penalty of penalty. If a player is touched at the time when it marks a test, Touch is granted and the assailing team must fold up itself on the line of the 5 meters for her next attack.
- Each action in the zone of the 5 meters must be started on the line of the 5 meters for the attack and the line of test for defense. In each Touch, the referee deducts the number of keys aloud carried out. In fifth Touch, the referee must announce " the Touch" last;. When the players of a team were touched 6 times, the balloon passes to the opposing team. If a player passes the balloon at the time when it is touched or afterwards, it is a Touch and Pass , penalized by the loss of the balloon.
- a player must carry out Rollball when it was touched by a player of the opposing team. The possession of the balloon changes:
- # after 6 touched,
- # when the balloon touches the ground,
- # when Dummy Half is touched with the balloon,
- # when a player having the balloon crosses the touchline.
the Mark is the exact place of Touch and where Rollball must be carried out.
Dummy Half is the player who takes possession of the balloon after Rollball. Dummy Half cannot mark test and if it is touched by an adversary, the team loses the possession of the balloon. It is at the time when Dummy Half takes the balloon which defense has the right to move. Dummy Half should not be long in collecting the balloon under penalty of penalty. Dummy Half can be any player. If Dummy Half passes the balloon to another player, it ceases being Dummy Half.
It is the manner of beginning the match (or of taking it again after the half-time), to start again the play after a test or a penalty.
- to carry out Tapball, the player must deposit the balloon on the ground in front of him, and must type in the balloon with its foot by sending it to a maximum distance of one meter in front of him then collects it. When a player carries out Tapball, the unfavourable players must place themselves at 10 meters of the Mark.
- # the players who defend can move only when the player typed the balloon.
- # the player who carries out Tapball can be touched without the assailing team losing the advantage of the balloon (contrary to Dummy Half).
- # the player who carries out TapBall can mark a test (contrary to Dummy Half).
a penalty is granted to the opposing team if:
- # a master key ahead is made.
- # Touch and Pass is made (i.e.: a master key made after being touched).
- # the player does not play Rollball at the exact place of the Mark ( Overstepping ).
- # an obstruction is made.
- # a player acts in a contrary way to the rules (position of except play, slowness in the reintroduction, brutal Touch, distorts advertisement of Touch, dispute to a decision of the referee,…).
- to play a penalty, the player in possession of the balloon must carry out Tapball (defense must be with 10 meters of the Mark).
- the referee announces the resumption of the play by a whistle.
- a temporary exclusion (2 minutes) or final could be sanctioned if the referee estimates that a player behaves in an aggressive way in his connection or with regard to others joueurs.
the balloon of Touch is smaller than a traditional balloon of Rugby. It of size 4, is approved by the F.I.T
Composition of the teams and replacements
the teams can be male, female or mixed.
Each team can be made up of 14 players to the maximum, including 6 players of field (there should not never be 7 players of the same team on the ground).
the mixed teams must have among these 6 players of field at least 3 girls and 1 man.
It does not have there limit in the number of replacements.
the replacements are carried out at any time of the play on the line of the zone of change without stopping the play.
Mode of play, duration and accounting of the points
; Mode of play:
the balloon can be last by using the hands simply. The master keys must be done with a circulation of the balloon behind. The gaining team is that which marks the most points.
Officially, the duration is 40 minutes (twice 20 minutes) with a 5 minutes pause (possible alternatives).
a test is granted when the balloon is flattened behind the line of test.
; Accounting of the points:
a point is granted by marked test. In the case of the mixed teams, a test is worth a point if it is marked by a man and two if it is marked by a woman.
The balloon is returned to the opposing team:
In sixth Touch, if the assailing team makes fall the balloon on the ground, in the event of penalty, after a test or an exit in key.
- the players who defend can intercept the balloon but if the player who tries the interception makes it fall on the ground, it is returned to the assailing team with a new credit of 6 Keys.
- If an attacking player is touched, it must carry out Rollball and the defenders must place themselves at 5 meters of the Mark. So at the time of the handing-over concerned, the players in defense are not placed at 5 meters, they are in position of except play and cannot touch the player carrying the balloon as long as they are not replaced. The referee announces the position of off-side and lets play the advantage by shouting " jouez". He can penalize the team in defense if the action is stopped.
The matches are arbitrated by a referee of field helped of an assisting referee.
- the referee is placed on the level of defense. In the event of Rollball, it marks the line of off-side to 5 meters of the mark. The defenders must place themselves on his level.
- On Tap Ball, before launching the play, it invites defense to be placed at 10m.
- the assisting referee announces to the central referee the forward passes, and brings its vision during test.
National federations and international
- International federation of Touch
- French federation of Touch
National federations and international
- the International federation of Touch (the FIT)
- the French federation of Touch
- the Belgian Federation of Touch
|Random links:||Otto Braun | Homélie | Hyperpower | Adolphe Barrot | Aleksa Jovanović | Battle of Lauffeld | Canne_de_Melville_Henry|