BiographyTommy Hilfiger, second of a family of nine children grew in a family Catholique Irish E. It made its secondary studies with the free Academy of Elmira. Rather than to continue its studies, it started to work in the distribution as of the 18 years age. Tommy Hilfiger went in the town of New York to unearth jeans and pants stalemate' of eph' which it personalized and resold in a small shop in the center of Elmira called Brown' S.A little later, it will a little further open in the same district its own shop called " The people' S place". Although the shop is the high-place of youth, with regularly of animations and the contests of DJ, people came there more to find themselves that to buy.
With the wire of time, many stores of the downtown area of Elmira had to close, people preferring to go to make their shopping in the new shopping mall Arnot Mall in Horeheards, state of New York. It was not necessary a long time so that " The People' S Place" in makes in the same way. After 7 years of existence, " The People' S Place" went bankrupt whereas Tommy Hilfiger was only 25 years old. The site of origin of the store since was demolished and replaced by First Arena, which accommodates the team of Hockey of Elmira.
For this period, Tommy Hilfiger had passed from the customization to the design of clothing which they sold in the remainder of its ten shops in the North of the State of New York. It decided to move in the town of New York with his Susie wife. One proposed to him stations of assistant designer at Calvin Klein and Perry Ellis but although it is mown, he decided to decline these offers. He had a better idea at the head.
In 1984, it founded the Tommy Hilfiger Corporation (NYSE: THB) which returned out of Stock Exchange in 1992 and developed its signature as designer in a collection of menswears. As of 2004, the company counted 5.400 employees and a turnover of more than $1.8 billion dollars. Tommy Hilfiger was elected Designer Man of the year by the Council off Fashion Designers off America in 1995. In August 2005, Hilfiger announced that it put its company on sale, and before the end of the year, it was bought by Apax Partners for $1.6 billion, that is to say $16.80 per action, paid cash.
In 2005, an emission of TV-reality on CBS TV called The Cut recalled the history of 16 protagonists during a job of designer at Tommy Hilfiger, with the way in which that had been done in the apprentice, The Apprentice, at Donald Trump. The winner chosen by Hilfiger was Chris Cortez.
Hilfiger has as a boyfriend Dee Ocleppo. It has four children. His/her Ally daughter has particity with the emission of telereality of MTV Rich Girls.
Distort rumorA rumor largely circulated via email since the beginning of the years 1990 showing Tommy Hilfiger of racism. The rumor of unknown source, advanced that Hilfiger would have taken part in the show of Oprah Winfrey where he would have said something of the " kind; If I had known that the blacks and the Asian ones were going to wear my clothing, I would never have created them. " Several versions of this rumor ciruculé, each time in different talk-shows. It is clearly only one legend, the definitively false facts having been proven since.
Hilfiger since really passed for the first time at Oprah Winfrey, the May 2nd 2007 to contradict the rumor officially, that Oprah itself qualified " good old man mensonge". It revealed then how much the rumor had cost him financially and that it had even called upon detectives to identify the source of it.
- Carla Bruni and Tommy Hilfiger joined against breast cancer by creating a bag in limited edition to support Breast Health Institute. The bag is sold in the online shop.
- Tommy Hilfiger created a limited collection inspired by the style of Thierry Henry , with the profit of the foundation The One 4 All foundation
Lines of products
Tommy Hilfiger , the vestimentary line of the mark, sold in the department stores and the store-headlight of the mark.
- Hilfiger Denim , a line vestimentary around the jeans, in a style rock'n'roll 'N roll and Bohemian.
- True Star , a perfume created by Hilfiger and whose egery is Beyoncé Knowles
- Red Label , a line of products denim, whose jean, tee-shirt and sweatshirts
- H by Tommy Hilfiger , a line high-of-range (shirt with 95$ and more) sold in the shops of the mark
- Tommy Hilfiger Sport , an old line of products launched in the years 1990 and who capitalizes on the popularity of the mark in the urban areas.
- Tommy Hilfiger Sailing , launched in spring 2007.
- Official site Tommy Hilfiger in French
- Official site Hilfiger Denim in English
- Official Online shop Tommy Hilfiger delivery in Metropolitan France
- Urban Legends Explications on the false rumors
- Anti-Defamation League Leagues anti-slandering, letter of Tommy Hilfiger
|Random links:||Atelognathus | Meander (river) | Sporting marketing | Ulrich von Wilamowitz-Moellendorff | Bab El Fellah | Ligne_5_bleu_(métro_de_Montréal)|