Ikela is a territory and a locality of the province of the Ecuador in Democratic republic of Congo on the river Tshuapa in the east of Boende. Founded by the colonizers at the beginning of the 20th century like commercial counter, it is from now on an important local center.
Near to the old frontline, the city was mainly destroyed during the Second war of Congo (1998-2002) at the time of the seat by the forces of the Congolese Rassemblement for the Democracy. The population of approximately 15.000 people having flees at the time, currently rebuilds the city.
SectorsThe territory of Ikela is divided into 5 sectors:
- Lofome: 7 groupings of 38 villages
- Loile: 5 groupings of 61 villages
- Lokina: 2 groupings of 57 villages
- Tshuapa: 7 groupings of 77 villages
- Tumbenga: 5 groupings of 54 villages
External bondsMines Advisory Group one the Zanga-Zanga group operations in Ikela
- Monograph Province of Ecuador, DSRP DRC
IKela has today two national deputies instead of one.
|Random links:||Dundas | Thodure | Steven Elm | Herbert Croly | Sources (album) | Tiruchirapalli|