GeographyThe municipality of Tingwick extends from the second rank of the canton of the same name to the seventh rank in its northern part and to the ninth rank in its southern part. Tingwick is in extreme cases of the plains of the St. Lawrence and the mountainous region of the the Appalachian Mountains. Rock principal training is the schists with chlorite. Two rivers take their source inside Tingwick is the rivers of the Pines in North and the river of the Rose trees more in the south. The Three-Lakes are at the southern end of Tingwick.
SportThe small town of Tingwick lodges a center of Ski. It is the Gleason mount. The cycle track of the linear park of the Wood-Francs is on the old layout of the railroad. It belongs to the network of the green road. In the city, there are a playing field with baseball in summer and external skating rink in winter.
EconomyAgriculture of which dairy production, beef animals, Pig S, érablières producing the Maple syrup, production of Honey and culture of Raspberry S. Usine Sécurifort safes, microbrassery Multi-Pitch-stirrers.
- Town hall Municipal and building.
- Catholic church Holy Patrice since 1857. The parish belongs to the Diocèse of Nicolet.
- Elementary school Saint-Heart of Marie belonging to the school commission of the Wood-Francs.
- Room Chénier
EventFestival of the Rodeo Mécanic de Tingwick in August. The largest gathering of motor bike in Quebec.
- the canton of Tingwick is created in 1804. It belongs to the cantons of the east located at the south-east of the province of Quebec.
- In 1810, the governor James Henry Craig makes build a way qu will bear its name. It was to connect the town of Quebec to Boston. The Chemin Craig crosses Tingwick and it will be the principal way for colonization.
- Arrived of its first inhabitants about 1820. They are mainly anglophone and they settle mainly in the south of Tingwick. The French Canadians will come to be established there gradually during the next decades.
- In 1863, formation of 2 municipalities in the canton is Chénier in north and Tingwick in the south. The name of Chénier refers to the patriot Jean-Olivier Chénier.
- In 1870, the first rank of Tingwick passes to the municipality of Warwick.
- In 1881, formation in the east of the canton of a new municipality is Saint-Remi de Tingwick.
- 1905 to 1908, the village became the municipality of Pontgravé. It was again annexed by Chénier in 1908.
- In 1981, fusion of the municipalities of Tingwick and Chénier. The new name is the municipality of Tingwick.
- Repertory of the municipalities of Quebec
- Commission of toponymy of Quebec
- municipal Businesses and areas - regional charts
- Official site of Tingwick
|Random links:||Achillée with sheets of agératum | I Will Survives | Vicksburg (the Mississippi) | Stan Kenton | Tony Wakeford | Oscar_Tschirky|