Commune of Savoy, one most of Europe, the altitude of the most village culminating with 2127 meters. Population of 2300 permanent inhabitants. Ski station of winter and summer, the glacier of the large mound being in general open all the year. The inhabitants are called the Tignards
Tignes is located at the upstream of the valley of Tarentaise. This one leaves the Collar of Iseran, on which one can circulate in summer and ski in winter, to go until Moutiers, while passing by Holy Bourg Maurice. The valley was dug by a river, which it skirts: the Isere, which is thrown in the the Rhone, close to Valence.
Various hamlets :
- Tignes the old man: historical village drowned during the construction of the stopping. It is accessible for one period from approximately three months every ten years during decennial draining. The next one should take place in 2010.
- Tignes Val Claret with 2127 meters
- Tignes the Lake with 2100 meters
- Tignes the lavachet with 2100 meters
- Tignes the Wooded ones with 1850 meters
- Tignes Brévières with 1550 meters
- Villaret of the nial
ConnectionsThe D87 secondary road leaves D902 on the level of the Barrage of Chevril, another road on the basis of low arriving at Brévières is D87e (joined D87 higher). A service of bus is ensured the rush hours between the neuralgic points of the station.
- Before the Second world war, the village of Tignes, located in high Tarentaise was almost unknown. Located inside a basin, and profiting from good conditions from sunning, it was one of the rare places to allow a pastoral agriculture of high mountain.
- Since 1933, the administration considered the construction of a stopping at the top of the throats of Boisses, but Tignards were informed of it only in 1941. Construction began in 1946 and the village was finally drowned in 1952, after removal of the cemetery, dynamiting of the houses and expulsion of the refractory inhabitants by CRS.
- As from 1956 started, close to the natural lake of Tignes, with 2100 meters, the construction of the winter sports resort.
- As from 1968, the station developed on the site of Valley Claret (2150 m), with primarily of constructions in height because of limited space. Adopting a philosophy which wanted to be innovative for the time, consisting in interpenetrating space skiable and station, the Valley Claret was in requalification progressive. The construction of the residences of high-standing MGM in a style closer to the country cottage of high mountain should change the face gradually it.
- the tracks accommodated in 1992 tests Winter Olympics, inter alia with hot-dogging (ski of bumps) on the stage of Lognan.
FutureThe station invests each year in its infrastructures to maintain its brand image, related to the quality of its skiable field. The investments concern in particular:
- the restoration of gone up mechanical old, in particular the chair-lifts, which all will be in the long term disengageable (slow and comfortable in station, rapids during the way)
- the installation of the lanes automobile, with the cover of the section of Tignes it Lac or the project of by-pass Tignes them Boisses
Skiable field of Tignes
TracksThe operating company is the Société of the Cable car of Grande Motte (STGM), undertaken formant left the Compagnie of the Alps.
- the sector of Tovière : It is the solid mass allowing connection with Valley-in Isere. The highest points of this sector are Tovière (2705m) and the collar of Fresse (2580m).
- the sector of Brévières : It is a solid mass embedded enough with the North-eastern part of the field. Shone upon as of the morning, one skis there vis-a-vis Large Sassière (3748m), the lake of Chevril and the solid mass of Mont Blanc. The point highest of this solid mass is the Bored Needle (2748m), very particular geological curiosity which one can cross to carry out a out-track giving on Tignes the lake. One can also choose to go down from the needle not-stop to the village of Brevières (1200m from uneven, by a splendid track: knows).
- the sector of the Metal disc .
- the sector of Grande Motte : The highest site with the Grande Motte (3656m), glacier of Ski of summer. One reaches it either by two disengageable chair-lifts or by a funicular. The last level is consisted the cable car of the Grande Motte.
Except TracksFor example exist:
- the Northern face of the Grande Motte
- the turn of Pramecou, of Prémout
- the collar of the 3000
- the small valleys of Knows
- the back of Borsat
- the Needles of the Hanging-post
There exist also the large ones trott out-tracks (to be discovered with a guide of high-mountain), as for example the Tarentaise Tour which will take you along over one day since the collar of the metal disc to Tignes to the Arcs via Champagny-in-Vanoise and Plagne (even in the 3 valleys for a turn over 2 days). To try absolutely, if the duster does not frighten you (generally organized by the ESF Thursday or in the week by UCPA).
Valley-in Isere are in a direction:
- the disengageable Chair-lift in 6 places of the Collar of Fresse.
- the Telpher carrier 16 Aéroski places.
- the Chair-lift 3 places non-débréyable Tuffs.
- the Ski-lift reserved with the Combe adults Insane.
- the disengageable Chair-lift 4 places Borsat.
- the disengageable Chair-lift 8 places Tommeuses.
The station has many trade and services intended to satisfy the request the customers, rather family on a side and sporting young person of the other. Thus one finds restaurants typical, shops, 4 discotheques, many pubs, but also in the sporting field: sports hall, bowling and a ludic swimming pool.
Estival activitiesThe summer the Lake Tignes not being colder it is the place of activated nautical the such waterjump, the ski jump or with surfing in water. It is even possible to use the water level to sail on boats of small size (catamaran KL 15.5, Optimist,…)
The golf 18 holes of Tignes is the golf highest of Europe.
Places and monumentsThe " monument" most famous of Tignes is… a stopping. Indeed, this one, very high with its 180 meters, is covered with an immense fresco on its not immersed frontage: The Giant of Tignes. But this one is erased with time and is likely not to be visible more in a few years.
Personalities related to the communeNicolas Huet was vice world champion of slalom in Snowboard in 2005.
Apart from him, several stars of the freeride also involve themselves in Tignes, in particular Guerlain Chicherit, the other star local, whose track bears from now on the name.
- Common of Savoy
- the Leisse, river of mountain bordering the skiable field in the south
- Site of Tignes
- Site of the town hall of Tignes
- Tignes on the site of the National Geographical Institute
- Tignes on the site of INSEE
- Tignes on the site of Quid
- Localization of Tignes on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on Tignes on Mapquest
|Random links:||Verdets (Yrénées-Atlantiques) | The Man and his desire | Zlarin | Alfred Neubauer | Néa Kaméni | Novus_Ordo_Seclorum|