See also: Henry
Thierry Henry (called Titi ) is a footballer French, of West-Indian origin, inhabitant of Guadeloupe more particularly of Désirade by his/her father and inhabitant of Martinique from his mother, born the August 17th 1977 with the Ulis (the Essonne, France). Regarded today as one of the best players of the world, it holds the record of the number of goals registered in national selection.
Its beginnings and its confirmation
Thierry Henry begins in the club from her birthplace (ULIS - 91) then integrates the center of preformation of Clairefontaine. In 1989, it integrates the training center of the ACE Monaco. He plays its first match in the first division of the French championship the August 31st 1994 against Nice, whereas he is just 17 years old. One then presents it like the greatest hope of French football. The October 11th 1997, it is selected for the first time in team of France. It takes part in the Football world cup of 1998 in France which it gains and of which it finishes better French striker with 3 achievements.
In January 1999, it signs in the Italian club of the Juventus of Turin. The Italian experiment is not very conclusive for Henry, used in the left and constrained corridor to yield with defensive tasks little in adequacy with its qualities. It registers only one doubled against Lazio and, in August of the same year, it joined the rows of the English club of Arsenal, where it evolves/moves until June 2007. It is in Arsenal, under the direction of Arsène Wenger, that Henry crosses a stage. Hitherto regarded as a winger of overflow, Henry evolves/moves from now on in the axis of the attack and becomes a frightening hunter of goals.
Become titular in team of France, it gains the Championnat of Europe of the nations 2000.
In March 2007, Henry is wounded with the supply mains and the abdominal wall. It is learned that the captain of Arsenal will be absent for " at least three mois". The season is thus finished for Titi. An hard blow for Arsenal, but also for the team of France from the point of view of the qualifications for the Euro 2008.
The June 25th 2007, after eight seasons spent to the Gunners and an incredible total of 226 goals in 369 matches, the French attacker leaves England for Spain where it signs a 4 year old contract in favor of FC Barcelona, the amount of the transfer rising to 24 million euros. As to Arsenal, Henry carries the shirt number 14.
At the time of its 95ème selection in team of France, on October 13rd, 2007, with the Faroe Islands, in eliminatory match of the Euro 2008, it registers its 41e goal (victory 0-6), thus equalizing the record held since 1987 by Michel Platini (72 selections).
A few days afterwards, the 17 October 2007 it exceeds this record by marking by 2 times at the Stade of Beaujoire vis-a-vis in Lithuania in eliminatory match of the Euro 2008, thus registering its 42e and 43e goal (victory 2-0) with the 79ème and 81 ème minutes. It ends up decorating this record of a new goal at the time of the meeting Ukraine-France on November 21st, 2007 at the 19th minute. (Tie 2-2)
The world 2006
It is naturally selected by Raymond Domenech to take part in the world cup 2006. It forms with Louis Saha a powerful offensive system. Henry marks in friendly match vis-a-vis Denmark (victory 2-0) on May 31st, 2006, and vis-a-vis in China at the end of the match (3-1) on June 7th, 2006. He gives that on June 18th vis-a-vis South Korea (1-1). He is also the author of the second goal of Blue on June 23rd, at the time of the match France-Togo (final score 2-0), victory which makes it possible the national team to be qualified in the pain for the continuation of the planetary compétion.
In eighth of finale, vis-a-vis the Spain, it is him which causes the frank blow which, drawn by Zidane, will make it possible Vieira to give advantage 2-1 to the team of France (3-1 final score). In quarterfinal, vis-a-vis the Brazil, it registers the single goal of the meeting following a frank blow of Zinédine Zidane, which will only remain and single decisive master key of Zizou for Titi.
In semi-final, vis-a-vis Portugal, hung by a defender in the penalty area, it makes it possible France to obtain a penalty decisive, transformed by Zinédine Zidane (1-0 final score) which makes it possible Blue to be qualified for the great final of the competition.
The July 9th 2006, it tries to be dissociated at the time of this final with some dangerous attempts, but all are pushed back by Gianluigi Buffon, the Italian guard, and transalpine defense. At the time of the meeting of shootings to the goals, David Trezeguet lack his shooting. The fifth Italian gunner, Fabio Grosso, makes a success of its shooting and propels the Italy towards a fourth world title. Thierry Henry had been replaced with the 107ème minute by Sylvain Wiltord and thus could not take part in the meeting of shootings to the goals. It is him which will comfort the unhappy David Trezeguet which, as of this day, will be often undesirable with the eyes of the national sport selector Raymond Domenech.
Career with Arsenal
226 goals with Arsenal in 369 matches (average of 0,61 goal by match), of which:
Statistics detailed per season
Last update on November 24th, 2007
Thierry Henry has been regarded for several years as one of the best players in the world. Its play of attack is very complete, it is one of the best specialists at his station. Its speed and its technique make an exceptional player of it. He occupied almost each year the first place with the classification of the strikers of the First League. Nevertheless, its play of head remains perfectible even if it seemed to fill this gap lately.
Its mentality makes of it a player very appreciated and a large person in charge on the ground, this is why there remained the leader of the attack of Arsenal during many years. Like all large striker, Thierry Henry has a trademark: its strike rolled up dish of the right foot are from now on dreaded by all the guards of the world.
Victorious of the World cup in 1998.
- Victorious of the Championship of Europe in 2000.
- Victorious of the Cut of the Confederations in 2003.
- Victorious of the Championship of Europe of football of less than 19 years in 1996.
- Victorious of the International festival Hopes of Toulon in 1997.
- Finalist of the World cup in 2006.
- Champion of France in 1997 with.
- Victorious of the Cut of England in 2002, 2003 and 2005 with.
- Victorious of the Community Shield in 2002 and 2004 with.
- Finalist of the League of the Champions in 2006 with.
- Finalist of the UEFA Cup in 2000 with.
- Finalist of the Cut of England in 2001 with.
Victorious of the Tournament of Amsterdam in 2005 Victorious with
- of the Trophy Joan Gamper in 2007 with the Victorious
- of the Trophy Franz Beckenbauer in 2007 with the
Player of the team UEFA.
- Named with FIFA 100 (Signal 100 of the best alive players of all times) in 2004.
- Knight of the Legion of honor in 1998.
- Shoe of European gold 2004 (30 goals) and in 2005 (25 goals).
- Eleven of gold 2003 and 2006.
- Eleven of money in 2004.
- Eleven of bronze in 2000 and 2005.
- French Player of the year in 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.
- Revelation France Football of the year 1996.
- Oscar of the young footballer UNFP 1997.
- Better French striker of the World cup 1998.
- Better French striker of the World cup 2006.
- Better player and better striker of the Cut of the Confederations 2003.
- Elected better player of the International festival Hopes of Toulon in 1997.
- Better striker of the International festival Hopes of Toulon in 1997.
- Better striker of the championship of England in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2006.
- Better player of the year in England (trophy of Football Writers' Association) in 2003, 2004 and 2006.
- Better striker of all times of the team of France
- Better French striker of all times in League of the Champions
Random links: Restoroute | Cross of the combatant volunteer 1914-1918 | Bilinear form | Antoine Simonnin | Banlieue_noire_de_Gnesen,_Minnesota