Theophilus de Bordeu
Theophilus de Bordeu , born the February 22nd 1722 with Izeste (Yrénées-Atlantiques) and dead the November 23rd 1776 with Bagnères-with-Bigorre (Hautes-Pyrénées), is a Médecin French. Born in family from doctors, Theophilus from Bordeu made its studies from medicine to Montpellier, where it was announced very quickly by its opposition to the doctrines of Boerhaave which dominated then, following what it spent a few months to Pau where it discovered the Pyrenean Thermalisme. It was then made receive with Paris, and was fixed in this city.
He worked a time with the royal Infirmary of Versailles all while devoting himself to studies on the pulse, mucous fabric, glands, the chronic diseases and the history of medicine. In 1748, it launched Pyrenean hydrotherapy while directing the cure of the duke and the duchess of Biron. It was named inspector of thermal springs of the general information of Auch and inspector of water of Barèges the following year.
He was the doctor of the countess of Barry and the friend of Diderot of which he influenced the philosophical sights on the sensitivity by his research on the role of the nervous system, the importance of fibers and the functional hierarchy of the bodies. He wrote an article for the '' Encyclopédie of Diderot which did of him one of the characters of sound '' dream of Alembert ''.
Falls ill in 1775, it returned to seek the cure near water but died in its sleep, which made say that death feared it so extremely that it had taken it while sleeping.
Dedicated propagator of novel ideas, it had sharp contentions with several of his fellow-members and was some prohibited time. Bordeu always stuck to prove that all is not explained in the vital functions by the simple laws of mechanics or chemistry and why it is necessary to admit a special force to give an account of it; it names it sensitivity and it allots to each body a sensitivity which is clean for him. One owes him in anatomy of important discovered on the use of glands, on the structure of the fabrics, discovered which opened the way with Xavier Bichat. In practical medicine, he insisted on the utility of mineral water for the cure of the scrofula, on the need for consulting the pulse and for distinguishing the species from them, on the advantages of the inoculation.
- Aquitaniae mineral aquae , Paris, Quillau, 1754.
- Correspondence , Montpellier, National center of the scientific research, 1977 - 1979
- Homage to the valley of Ossau , 1774.
- the use of water of Barèges and mercury, for the scrofula: or essay on the scrophuleuses tumors , Paris, Debure, 1757
- Letters containing of the tests on the history of mineral water of Béarn on their nature, difference, property; on the ausquelles diseases they agree, & on the way in which one must make use of it.
- Letters containing of the tests on the history of mineral water of Béarn and some of the close provinces , Amsterdam, Poppé booksellers, 1746; second edition re-examined and increased in 1748.
- new Letters , Bordeaux, Beer, 1960
- New observations on the intermittent pulse: who indicates the use of purgative the , Paris, Vincent, 1761
- complete Œuvres preceded by a note on his life and on its works , Paris, Caille, 1818
- Précis of observations on water of Barèges and other mineral water of Bigorre and of Béarn , Paris, 1769
- anatomical Recherches on the position of glands and their action , Paris, Quillau, 1751
- anatomical Recherches on the articulations of the bones of the face , Paris, Imprimerie Royal, 1755
- Recherches on the history medicine , Paris, G. Masson, 1882
- Research on the pulse compared to the crises containing the decisions of several savans doctors on the doctrines of the pulse; … one joined there a new essay on critical sweats & their pulses , Paris, young P. france Didot, 1779 - 1786
- Recherches on the pulse compared to the crises , Paris, Didot, young person, 1772
- Recherches on mucous fabric: or, the cellular body, and on some Paris, chest complaints , Didot the young person, 1767
- Research on mucous fabric, or cellular body, and on some Paris, chest complaints , Didot the young person, 1790
- Research on the chronic diseases: their relationship with the acute diseases, their periods, their nature, and on the way in which one treats them with mineral water of Barèges, and other sources of Aquitaine , Paris, Gabon: J.A.
- Research on some points of history of medicine: who can have report/ratio with the stop of Large' the Room of the Parliament of Paris, concerning the inoculation, and who paroissent favorable to the tolérence of this operation , Liege: , 1764
- Research on some points of history of the médicine which can have report/ratio with the stop of large' the room of the Parliament of Paris, concerning the inoculation, and which paroissent favorable to the tolérence of this operation. , Paris, Rémont, 1764
- Treated theoretical & practical medicine , Paris, Ruault, 1774
- Dictionary of medical sciences. Medical biography . Volume 2. Paris, Panckoucke, 1820
- Jean Baptist Isidore Bumblebee, Famous doctors and naturalists of modern times , Paris, Counter of Printer-Plain, 1844
|Random links:||Los vengadores (serie televisiva) | Saddle-oyster | Willie Nelson | Linen | In the Woods… | Madeleine Clervanne | Banque_rouge|