BiographyIn 1853, it enters to the Conservatoire of Paris where it follows the courses of piano of Marmontel, learns the organ with François Benoist and the composition with François Bazin and Ambroise Thomas. In 1861, it leaves after having obtained all the rewards and gains there the First Large Prix of Rome with the cantata Atala .
After its stay with the Villa Médicis, he becomes choirmaster to the Église Holy-Clotilde until 1869 and the Église of the Madeleine until 1877 then succeeds Camille Saint-Saëns at the station of Organiste. In 1871, he is professor of harmony and of composition to the Conservatoire of Paris and he is elected member of the Académie of the Art schools to take the armchair of Charles Gounod in 1894.
In 1896, he becomes director of the Academy, succeeding his friend Ambroise Thomas, and remains there until 1905.
Its work is considerable: more than 200 numbers to the catalog.
For the scene
- Gazla of the emir , Op3era Comique (Paris, April 30th, 1873)
- the Brown bread or the inhabitant of Lille , Op3era Comique (Op3era Comique, February 26th, 1879)
- Korrigane , ballet of Louis Mérante (Opera, January 12th, 1880)
- the Farandole , ballet of Louis Mérante (Op3era Comique, December 14th, 1883)
- Aben-Hamed , opera (created in Italian - Theater of Châtelet, December 16th, 1884)
- Frithjof , opera (1892)
- Xavière , idylle dramatic which is noticed by its melody ideas (Op3era Comique, November 26th, 1895).
- Seven Words of Christ , (1867) oratorio dedicated to the abbot Jean-Gaspard (1797-1871) cleaned of the Madeleine, shot by the Federate ones with the prison of the Rocket
- the Paradise Lost , oratorio (1878 - Price of the town of Paris)
- several cantatas: the removal of Proserpine , Hylas , Bergerette ; the Alive ones and Deaths
- of the masses and works of sacred music.
Music for orchestra
- heroic Walk of Jeanne d' Arc
- triumphal Imagination for organ and orchestra
- bridal Anthem
- Meditation, Prayers for cords, oboe, toothing-stone and organ
- Concerto-Cappricio for piano
- Concerto for piano n° 2
- Concerto for violin
- Notre-Dame of the Sea , symphonic poem
- Adomis , symphonic poem
- French Symphony (1908) extremely nicely orchestrated
- Fantasietta (1917).
- Of the parts for piano : Chorus and Danse of the Imps , six woodland poems , etc
- Of the parts for organ and harmonium, of which:
- Twelve Parts for organ or piano-pedals (1889), of which famous the Toccata in G major (NO3)
- Twelve New Parts for organ or piano-pedals (1893), of which the In Paradisum (No 9)
- Two Small Parts for organ or harmonium (1910): Small pastoral Champagne and Is a prelude to
- Treated counterpoint and of running away by Theodore Dubois, Paris, Heugel, 1901.
- Notes and studies of harmony to be used as supplement with the Treaty of harmony (Paris, 1921), frequently used with the Academy of Paris.
- Treated of theoretical and practical harmony , Paris, Heugel, S.D. (the copyright of the Achievements of low and songs of the Treaty of harmony per Theodore Dubois (achievements of the author), Paris, Heugel, is gone back to 1921).
To listen to a work“In Paradisum” (N°9 of the 12 New Parts for organ , 1893). This part illustrates perfectly the romantic style with the organ.
- Large Organ: Quintaton 8 (solo)
- Positive: Bumblebee 8
- expressive Account: Gamba and Celestial Voice
- Pedals: Bourdon 16
- Drew Positif
- work is divided into three connected sections. In the first, the topic, exposed on Quintaton, is accompanied by the Bumblebee with the right hand, which develops garlands of arpeggios agreements, on the slow rate/rhythm by low by pedal.
- the second section is a soft meditation on the celestial Voice giving an impression of rise.
- the last section takes again the initial topic but this time, an additional voice is added to the soloist part to give more intensity to the final talk.
|Random links:||The Spirit of the forest | Santiago Ventura | Sat socialism | Jerrold Immel | Tatsuya Yoshikawa | Holbrook,_New_York|