Theater of the Marsh
HistoryIn 1634, it has there on Paris only one theater company, that of the actors of the King, with the Hôtel of Burgundy. The Acteur Mondory decides to create its own troop and settles in a district already with the mode: the Marsh. It makes build its theater with the site of the play of palm, Rue Old woman-of-Temple, and is thus put in direct competition with the Hotel of Burgundy.
The repertory of the theater of the Marsh east made up of jokes played by Jodelet, some parts “with machines” as well as works of Pierre Corneille which makes play by the troop all its parts until 1647. Cid in 1636. The actor Floridor enters the troop in 1640 and quickly becomes a Parisian high-speed motorboat. Competition between the theater of the Marsh and the hotel of Burgundy is sharp, so much so that frequently the two troops create the same season two rival parts on the same subject. The king himself intervenes twice at least to modify the composition of the troops and to make pass from the actors of one theater to the other.
In January 1644, the room is destroyed by a fire and can reopen only after its complete restoration, in October 1644. At this point in time, thanks to the technical innovations of this very new theater, the Marsh develops its spectacular changes of scenery more and more, with shipwrecks and cataclysms in its parts with machines. Marie Champmeslé and her husband enter the troop in 1669. Competition with the actors of the King lasts until in 1673, where the troop of the Marsh is dissolved to amalgamate with that of Molière.
In 1791 another theater of the Marsh east built with recovered materials of the Storming of the Bastille and presenting revolutionary spectacles. If Crow were the author-house at the 17th century, it is now the turn of Beaumarchais. But the theater must close in 1807 per order of Napoleon and the room is destroyed in 1812 to leave the place to an establishment of baths.
At the 20th century, a new theatrical place is open under the name of theater of the Marsh. Founded by Jacques Mauclair in 1976, it closes a time its doors in 1999 before being begun again by the Cours Florent in May 2000.
- All representations given to the old Theater of the Marsh on site CÉSAR.
- All representations given to the new Theater of the Marsh on site CÉSAR.
|Random links:||Trans (Mayenne) | BB 16100 | Pavel Banka | Clement II Métezeau | Stamps of Taiwan 2007 | Atmel|