The Voyage of the fear
First Black film directed by a woman, the film is written by Robert L. Joseph, Ida Lupino and Collier Young. The scenario writer Daniel Mainwaring took part in the writing of the scenario but listed by MacCarthy, it is not credited.
The history is based on actual facts, Lupino met several victims of the criminal Billy Cook which film takes as a starting point.
SynopsisA killer haunts the desert roads while being made pass for a hitch-hiker near the rare cars which cross its way. Soon tracked, it is solved to flee by threatening two hunters which lead it to Mexico. Constrained by the carrier of the gun, the two men do not manage to release themselves from its yoke. But once recognized by the autochtones, it tries to take the sea but is done stopped by the police force before having been able to embark.
- Edmond O' Brien: Roy Hakes
- Frank Lovejoy: Gilbert Bowen
- William Talman: Emmett Myers the killer
- Jose Torvay: Captain Alvarado
- "My folks were tough. When I was born, they took one look At this pus off mine and told me to get lost." - Emmett Myers
|Random links:||Agnatic ascent of Isabelle Anger of Castille | Lespinoy | 1923 in Canada | Jamaran | Perdiccas II of Macedonia | Pasteurs_de_Ted|