The Other World
the Other World or Now and Then, Young stag and There - the Other World (in Japanese: ja 今、 そこにいる僕, Ima, soko nor iru boku , which can result in Me which am now here) is a Japanese cartoon produces in 1999. This animates is interdict with less than 16 years in the United States.
HistoryShû (ja シュウ), a young impassioned schoolboy of kendô very carefree makes the meeting of a very reserved young girl, Lala-Ru (ja ララ ・ ルゥ). Taken of a love at first sight sudden, it tries dérider by all the means when emerge suddenly from the futuristic robots which carry the girl through a kind of door energy. Shû, armed with its wood saber continues them, but ends up being separate of Lala-Ru. This one nevertheless will have had time to entrust its collar to him. Shû realizes meanwhile that it is not any more in its birthplace, nor even in its world (animates it does not specify if it is of a parallel world or a very remote future). The Earth is made up of arid deserts where live nightmarish creatures and water became a luxury.
It is found in the fortress of Hellywood , directed by the insane dictator Hamdo (ja ハムド) assisted by cold the Abélia (ja アベリア). Tortured and famished, it will become acquainted with an American young person, Sara (ja サラ) so originating in its world. Shû will be enlisted of force in the army, composed almost only of children, of which much is younger still than him. It will bind friendship, though very tinted competition, with Nabuca (ja ナブカ), a boy of its age, and an young child, Bû (ja ブゥ). Unfortunately, not sharing the ideologies of its of torture, nor even of his companions in misfortune, he will seek to escape at all costs from the fortress with Lala-Ru. This one however seems to interest in the most Hamdo point, which wants to obtain the secrecy of its collar at all costs, able to provide water in great quantities…
Plunged in a universe where hatred and violence prevail, and where all his/her companions are to kill the ones after the others, Shû will always seek to impose its carefree and optimistic philosophy of the life.
- Shû : The main character. Carefree man, generous and basically optimist, it however tends to act without reflecting what often plunges it in disastrous situations. It practices the kendô using a wood saber and refuses to use any other arms.
- Lala-Ru : A strange girl who would be an old witch of more than: 10000 years, but which hardly appears about it more than 12. She has pendentive which enables him to reveal water in great quantities, a good become extremely invaluable. She almost never speaks and the experiment learned how to him to use its capacities only with parsimony, even under torture.
- Sara : A poor girl hardly teenager who was captured by error by the soldiers of Hamdo who sought Lala-Ru. The role which Hamdo will hold for him is not very enviable: it will have to be used of prostitute for the soldiers more deserving and as surrogate mother to increase the population of the fortress. It dedicates a wild hatred with Lala-Ru and wants some also much in Shû which gave him false hopes before it is fixed on its fate.
- Nabuka : A child who was enlisted of force by the army of Hamdo when this one attacked its village. He believes hard as iron in the promise of Hamdo which he could once turn over at his place the finished war. In spite of its young age, he is a highly skilled and disciplined soldier. Shû, by saving the life to him, makes him call in question its philosophy of the existence.
- Tabul : The only companion surviving of the village of Nabuka. It seems to have found in the army of Hamdo new at his place. It is a specialist in the low blows.
- Hamdo : An insane dictator who is not without pointing out Hitler. Its character is unstable and it passes quickly from the laughter to the tears and anger, of softness to violence. It wishes the Lala-Ru water to activate its flying fortress and to conquer the world.
- Abélia : The only trustworthy person of Hambo, lends to pass all her whims to him, even if it means to carry out the cruelest orders. The interest that Hamdo carries with Lala-Ru excites its jealousy.
CommentFor much, Ima, soku nor iru boku is one animates extremely negative and demoralizing. Except the first episode, there is practically no really humorous scene. This animates is located at the antipodes traditional Japanese animation (if it is one): Torture S on children, Murder S, Rape S, etc violence is omnipresent, but it is however not free.
The producers took as a starting point much the horrors of the Second world war, in particular of the army of children creates by Hitler in 1944 to defend Berlin. In Ima, soko nor iru boku , the recurrent theme is indeed the war and the children directed by an insane dictator.
Let us note finally that the quasi-majority of the characters could be of the Mister all-the-world and one includes/understands very well that no matter who placed under the same conditions that those described in animates would act about like them, which adds to faintness.
However Ima, soko nor iru boku is not without presenting a key of optimism, through its hero, but also through the sentence which opens each episode:
“It is because this ten billion years was so fragile and so transitory that I cherished them until the affliction…”
List episodes and dates of first diffusion in Japan
- 01 - a girl admiring the twilight (ja 黄昏を見つめる少女 - Tasogare wo mitsumeru shōjo ), October 14th, 1999
- 02 - a boy and an insane Master (ja 少年と狂王と - Shōnen to kyōō to ), October 21st, 1999
- 03 - Banquet in darkness (ja 闇の中の宴 - Yami No naka No utage ), October 28th, 1999
- 04 - Discord (ja 不協和音 - Fukyōwaon ), November 4th, 1999
- 05 - Murder (ja ひとごろし - Hitogoroshi ), November 11th, 1999
- 06 - To disappear in the desert (ja 砂嵐に消える - Suna arashi nor kieru ), November 18th, 1999
- 07 - The night of the escape (ja 逃れの夜 - Nogare No yoru ), November 25th, 1999
- 08 - Only unit (ja ひとりぼっちのふたり - Hitori bocchi No futari ), December 2nd, 1999
- 09 - In the valley (ja 狭間にて - Hazama nor you ), December 9th, 1999
- 10 - Rush towards chaos (ja 混沌への助走 - Konton E No josō ), December 16th, 1999
- 11 - collapse day before (ja 崩壊前夜 - Hōkai zenya ), January 6th, 2000
- 12 - Ground of massacres (ja 殺戮の大地 - Satsuriku No daichi ), January 13rd, 2000
- 13 - Me which am there now (ja 今、 そこにいる僕 - Ima, soko nor iru boku ), January 20th, 2000
Technical informationsNote: the names are indicated in the European direction, i.e. first name - name
- Year of exit: 1999
- Many episodes: 13
Realizer: Akitarô Daichi
- Scenario writer: Hideyuki Kurata
- Character design : Atsushi Ohizumi
- Music: Taku Iwasaki
- the file of Catch-Images, the French editor
- Official site
|Random links:||GR. 20 | Eugene Mr. Shoemaker | Paul Takes laths off | Converse Shoes | Raúl Isaías Baduel|