Longitude Is: 02°25' 00 (deg-min-dryness) 2.4167 decimal degrees 0.042179 radians Northern latitude: 49°38' 00 (deg-min-dryness) 49.6333 decimal degrees 0.866265 radians
The common one counts a territory of 600 hectares including 414 cultivable.
HistoryThe occupation of the village goes up at the time Gallic (Maisnil). The Gallo-Roman time will see her name joining to the first bishop of Amiens (Mansionile Sancti Fimini). There exists only little of information of files on the history of the places before the 16th century.
The village comprised an imposing strengthened castle which was altered under the rebirth. This construction, made block of chalk, was to probably belong to a whole of defenses built at the 14th century, during the one hundred year old war. These defenses were located on the peaks: Holy Mesnil Firmin (altitude 152m), Warmaise (Bonvillers) (altitude 144m) and Folleville (altitude 148m) only still visible convincing trace. As often, they were connected between them by undergrounds.
Mesnil Saint Firmin was until the beginning of the 16th century, a dependence of Chepoix. Then, with the nomination of the bishop of Amiens, one set it up in cure attached to the election of Montdidier.
Until the 17th century, the village was the stronghold of the house of Estourmel, then at the 18th century, it came to François d' Hautefort originating in Périgord, of his mother born Marthe d' Estourmel.
The castle, fact of chalk not very solid, was mainly destroyed at the time of the earthquake of May 1756. Dieudonné d' Hautefort (1700-1777), lord of the places of the time, made destroy what remained. It made rebuild, on the noble part of the old castle, a more modern residence but much more modest (hardly 1/12ème of the initial buildings). A small portion of the original castle is still visible nowadays, it is a turret of angle which is in a private property. The other parts were replaced by the buildings of a farm.
In 1746, the church was rebuilt on the site of that which had been destroyed in a fire and which one is unaware of all. She suffered again enormously at the time of the earthquake of 1756 and was rebuilt in her actual position, financed by Gabriel Boniface Bazin of 1866 to 1879. The brick Frontage was rebuilt, following the damage of the “Great War”, with the war damagees in 1919.
December 19th, 1773, the marquis d' Hautefort sells to Nicolas Antoine Boullenger, the stronghold and the seigniory of Mesnil Saint Firmin. His/her daughter, Henriette Cecile Boullenger (1767-1798), Marie in 1791 in Gabriel Bazin (1761-1797), born in Grandvillers.
The field will return to their son Gabriel Boniface (1791-1862), humanistic who devoted his fortune to works of which some survived to him. (see personalities)
The commune of Sérévillers was joined together in Mesnil Saint Firmin, by royal decree of October 3rd, 1827 and was separate again in 1833.
The village knew its apogee during the 19th century and will perdura until the beginning of XXe. One counted at the time, two windmills, close to the royal road of Rouen with Capelle (secondary road 930), a grain alcohol distilling, a vinegar factory, a factory of “tiles breakdowns”, a brewery, a factory of sugar and a factory of painted stained glasses.
In addition to small farms, the old stronghold of Boullenger, field of Gabriel Boniface Bazin also counted a firm school and an orphanage in Mesnil Saint Firmin. Moreover to the properties of the family an important farm in the commune of Rouvroy belonged the blackbirds.
In 1936 Mesnil St Firmin counted even more than 320 inhabitants, for 184 nowadays.
Administration|- | align=right| 2005 with 2007 || David DUFLOS ||align=" center" | || |- | align=right| 1978 with 2005 || Philippe TRECA ||align=" center" | || |- | align=right| 1977 with 1978 || WELSH Georges ||align=" center" | || |- | align=right| 1974 with 1977 || France GHEERAERT ||align=" center" | || |- | align=right| 1944 with 1974 || Lucien GODIN ||align=" center" | || |- | align=right| 1916 with 1944 || Armand LATTEUX ||align=" center" | ||
Foot-note: the recencements of 1990,1999 and 2005 do not include in the result the 69 children of the establishment Saint Joseph " house of enfants".
Places and monumentsA small portion of the original castle is still visible nowadays, a turret of angle remains in a private property, way of the water tower.
The church comprises, with the top of the gate, a rosette in classified stained glasses. The latter offered by Gabriel Boniface Bazin, and manufactured in the factory of Mesnil, are not signed, because at the time the gifts were not it.
Personalities related to the communeGabriel Boniface BAZIN
Born on December 26th, 1791 in Grandvillers, of Gabriel Bazin (1761-1797) and Henriette Cécile Boullenger (1767-1798) died on April 12th, 1863 in its castle of Mesnil, Gabriel Boniface unfortunately orphan too early, at the 6 years age was high, in the family field which will return to him, by his/her large maternal mother, Sophie Boullenger, born Ménart.
This situation is probably at the origin of its heat to be dealt with the orphans while instigating employment and the village. This humanistic could be a pioneer in the industrialization of agriculture and the creation of related activities which maintained the population at the village.
The achievements which are due for him, for some still visible nowadays *, do not miss:
1821 Creation of a grain alcohol distilling and of a vinegar factory
1822 Creation of the first factory of “tiles breakdowns” in Oise.
1823 Creation of the agricultural colony the purpose of which is the reception of the orphans and them formation with the agricultural trades.
1828 Creation of a brewery and an indigenous sugar factory. The agricultural colony settles to some extent with Rouvroy the Blackbirds. The activity of the “firm school” opened to the working orphans of many outlets in several fields. A felling machine, animated by a steam engine was built, by the workmen of Mesnil, under the eyes of its inhabitants. The innovation, in the field of the farming machine will lead even the firm school to deposit patents for its achievements, like that of the digger one. Today agricultural center CFPA
1843 Creation of the company of adoption for the orphans, under the responsibility sisters of Joseph Saint of Cluny. Today house of children
1846 Creation of the factory of painted stained glasses, born from the passion of the drawing of Jules Leclercq, originating in Broye. Ludovic Latteux, nephew of Gabriel Boniface Bazin takes again and develops the activity of 1862 to 1890. Specialized in the stained glasses of church, it will count 60 paid in 1878, with customers extending from Amiens with Alençon. But, for lack of orders, the glassmaking will close in 1906. Today become secondhand trade
Of all this energy, deployed by Gabriel Boniface Bazin, it remains:
In Rouvroy Blackbirds the agricultural colony, of which it made gift in 1853 at the company of the brothers of Marie, (Mariannistes), became the firm school transferred to the department following the laws anticlericals “Waldeck-Rousseau” from 1901 and “Combes” from 1904. The agricultural colony will become after the war 1939-45, on the initiative of the General advice, the current CFPA.
In Holy Mesnil Firmin, the orphanage, whose it made gift in 1854 with association Saint Joseph, today administrative owner. The orphanage is now a “house of children”, true company occupying 40 paid in load of 68 children in social difficulty.
- Common of Oise
- ''' the Mesnil-Saint-Firmin official communal site '''
- the Mesnil-Saint-Firmin on the site of the national geographical Institute
- the Mesnil-Saint-Firmin on the site of INSEE
- the Mesnil-Saint-Firmin on the site of Quid
- Localization of the Mesnil-Saint-Firmin on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane on the Mesnil-Saint-Firmin on Mapquest
|Random links:||Cérès (mythology) | Papa Innocent XIII | Crocodiles of Cologne | Ralph Towner | PDF/A-1 | Pan-American championships of karate 2006 | théorie_d'Ordre_du_jour-arrangement|