The Choice of the destiny
Whereas the Second world war is close, in a Université with Leyde, 6 students live without being concerned with their future. But this war will change their life, some will choose the rebellion and to resist the occupant, others will choose collaboration.
- Title: the choice of the destiny
- original Title: Soldaat van Oranje
- English Title: Soldier off Orange
- Realization: Paul Verhoeven
- Scenario: Paul Verhoeven
- Production: Rob Houwer
- Production company: Excelsior films
- Music: Rogier Van Oterloo
- Photography: Jost Vacano
- Assembly: Jane Sperr
- Artistic director: Roland De Groot
- Costumes: Elly Claus
- Country of origin: Netherlands
- Format: Colors - 1,85:1 - Mono - 35 mm
- Kind: Film of war, Drama
- Lasted: 149 minutes
- Coming out date: September 22nd 1977 (Netherlands)
- Rutger Hauer : Erik Lanshof
- Jeroen Krabbé : Guus LeJeune
- Susan Penhaligon : Susan
- Edward Fox : Colonel Rafelli
- Lex van Delden: Nico
- Derek de Lint: Alex
- Huib Rooymans: Jan Weinberg
- Dolf de Vries: Jack ten Brinck
This film was then the film expensive ever made to the Netherlands, with a budget of 5 million guilders (correspondent with 2.3 million euros today).
- With 1.547.183 entries in the Netherlands, it was classified n°1 with the Dutch boxoffice of the year 1977.
- In spite of a nomination with the Golden Globe Award S 1980 like better film in foreign language, this film did not obtain any prestigious reward (for the anecdote the price was gained by the Cage with insane the.
- Its only reward is to date the price of best foreign film of Los Angeles Film Critics Association obtained in 1979.
- In 1999, the festival of Dutch film of Utrecht organized an election to choose Dutch film of the century, the Choice of the destiny being classified second after another film of Paul Verhoeven, Turkish Délices.
- List of Dutch films
|Random links:||Egyptian music | Filippo Inzaghi | Mehmed IV | Nassarawa United Football Club | Saegheh | Count de Lancastre | Siegbert_Salomon_Prawer|