See also: Bresse (homonymy)
It is the principal center of an agglomeration organized in a Communauté of communes (known as of the '' Haute Moselotte '') which counts 5 members, the Bresse , Cornimont, Saulxures-on-Moselotte, Thiéfosse and Ventron, for a total of 13 440 inhabitants.
Its inhabitants is called Bressauds.
It is located in the high part of the valley of the Moselotte, to 57 km of Épinal, to 14 km of Gérardmer by the Col of Gross Pierre and to 54 km of Colmar by the Col of Schlucht. Bordering on the Alsace, it is connected to the valley of the the Thur and Mulhouse, 55km, by the Col of Bramont, 956 Mr.
The common car probably its name of the local geography, with the junction of two valleys, Vologne and the Chajoux , which embrace the mountain of Moyenmont . Its culminating point is the Hohneck to 1366 m of altitude and low of 580 Mr. is.
HistoryThe history of this country located in one of the most picturesque valleys of the Vosgean mountain is interesting by the characteristic which distinguishes it from the close agglomerations. In antiquity, it is possible that itinerant populations come from the East stationed in the inextricable forests of the area and on high thatches. Evidence of the presence of tribes come from the east is in the survival of the god Belem (Baal at the Phéniciens), whom one honoured while lighting with large fires on the tops, which for this reason preserved the name of balloon. This presence is also attested by the construction of a cyclopean construction the “bridge of the fairies” to 30 kilometers downwards and by industries of pottery of the neolitic type in the Tourbière S of the Charm to 15 kilometers downwards.
Christianized about the 7th century, the high valley of Moselotte was borrowed to connect the Monastère S of Remiremont and Munster. Gradually, of the colonies fixed themselves on this way, in particular from Alsace to benefit from the pastures from altitude.
The Bresse remained independent until August 4th, 1789 when the Parliament voted the abolition of all the privileges. However, Bressauds were profit privileges. The proclamation of the equality of all and for all the institutions in front of the law put a term at the administration independent of the city.
Bressauds often were proof of the desire of independence as proves it their poor currency “ Rather that servant ”. Hearth of resistance at the time of the Second world war, the city was destroyed to 80% in 1944.
Dedicated a long time to food agriculture, the industry of wood, the granite and cotton, the Bresse east today one of the principal winter sports resorts of the Vosges, the first of many tracks.
Armorial bearingsMoney to the pairle of mouths accompanied as a chief by a stone " bench; hone justice" of sand to dextral of a trout of azure lit of mouths and to sinistral of a paddle wheel of sand.
- the pairle symbolizes the shape of the valleys and its red color points out the sacrifices of the population at the time of the wars. The white field points out snow, the bench of stone of Champtel was a place of judgment, the artificial breeding of trout was born at the village and the common one produces its own electricity.
- At all times, a competition existed between the inhabitants of the two cities close of the Bresse and Gérardmer. This competition, " the War of Hauts" , of an evil eye any agreement between Bressauds and Géromois sees.
- Two Bressauds, Joseph Remy and Antoine Géhin, invented the artificial propagation of trouts at the XIXe century.
Inheritance; Remarkable sites: Located at orée of regional park of the Balloons, the city received the label green station of holidays .
- Lake of the Corbels.
- Peaty S: Lake Lispach, Lake Blanchemer, ponds of Chewed.
- Stopping of the Moor.
- St. Lawrence Church.
- Vault of the Brabant.
- Virgin of Chastelat.
AdministrationThe current mayor is Guy Vaxelaire (born in 1949 with the Bresse) since 1977. Member of the Socialist party, he is also general adviser of the canton of Saulxures-on-Moselotte and chair Communauté of communes of High Moselotte, president of the SIVU Tourisme of the High-Vosges, vice-president of the National association of the elected officials of the mountain and secretary of the National association of the mayors of the stations of mountain.
TwinningsThe city of the Bresse is twinned with:
- the circle of Menaka, community targuie of the Mali.
The commune of the Bresse counts three skiables fields which are:
the Bresse Hohneck the greatest skiable field of the North-East of France 220 hectares, 37 tracks, 282 snow-blowers, 1 Snowpark. Located in the valley of Vologne, to 1 km downstream from the collar of Pretend. It is managed by the group Remy Loisirs
- Lispach (5 increase, 6 tracks). In the valley of Chajoux, the station faces the Lac of Lispach and cohabits with an important field of cross-country skiing.
- the Bresse the Brabant (3 increase, 4 tracks). Family station, it is at the top of the collar of the Brabant which connects the Bresse to the hamlet of Xoulces with Cornimont.
International festival of Woodcarving “Camille Claudel” in May.
- Week of the Scrabble in July.
- impossible rise, original test of Hill climbing.
- Competitions of Ski touring and Biathlon.
- the Treads Bressaudes, race on road.
- Vosgean Trace: 40 km with ski touring and VTT.
- Festival of music “Duck & Rabbit”, at the end of July.
Louis-Prosper Claudel (1826-1913), father of Camille and Paul.
- Veronique Claudel, Olympic medal-holder in Biathlon.
- Jean-Pierre Géhin (1953-), writer and short story writer
- Site of the city
- the field skiable
- the Bresse on the site of the national geographical Institute
- the Bresse on the site of INSEE
- the Bresse on the site of Quid
- Localization of the Bresse on a chart of France and communes bordering
- Plane of the Bresse on Mapquest
|Random links:||Haldetrude | One day of May | List episodes of Futurama | Deka Rangers | Our Films, Their Films|