The Intégrité Territorial E already constitutes a principle of international law in place in the Greek Antiquité. It evokes the right and inalienable duty of a sovereign State to preserve its Frontière S of any external influence. It is a characteristic of the Nation, providing him the sufficient pretext to the maintenance of a Armée to ensure defense of it: its violation constitutes a casus belli.
The democracies affix this term in the constitutional declarations. The separatism of a dissenting zone is seen like an attack with the territorial integrity by the sovereign power. To be guaranteeing territorial integrity between thus in the responsibilities for the Head of the State.
The territorial integrity of a State-nation and the Autodétermination of people are opposed in terms of right: the era of the Décolonisation was marked by this opposition.
Because of this principle, the international law regards the separatist secession as field of the internal rights of the State concerned.
Geography of the tensions and disputes of territorial integrity
ArgentinianFollowing the economic crisis in Argentina, the repurchase of the Patagonie by the the United States was evoked.
Years 1960, part of the population of the Quebec (one of the ten provinces of the country) claims its independence. Since, the accession with the capacity of a party Souverainisme in 1976 in the province (the Left Québécois), two referendums took place to try to carry out the separation of the Quebec of the Canada.
See also: Movement Québécois souverainist
Guantánamo is considered illegally occupied by the the United States for the cuban government.
EuropeThe Organization for safety and the co-operation in Europe is in load of the field.
the nationalists Corsica S assert the independence of the island regularly, with for certain extremists the recourse to terrorist acts.
- the members of the ETA are also active in France, where part of the Basque Country is from which they assert independence.
- the Breton freedom fighters are about inactive today.
Middle-EastSecond world war between the authority palestienne and the State of Israel, which occupies several of the territories asserted by Palestinian. Previously place had the six day old war and the regulation on the restitution of the the Sinai: See resolution 242 (1967) .
See '' israélo-Palestinian frontier relations ''
AsiaEastern Timor made secession in 1999 and acquired its independence in 2002.
Pakistan(Asia of South-west) - the Guerre against terrorism leads in the frontier tribal zones to a guerilla supplied with a separatist declaration local leaders with the Waziristan, who until September 2006 had proclaimed a unilaterally.
- the independence of the Tibet is asserted by the current Dalai Lama and a number important governmental organizations. Only a statute of autonomous region was granted to the area.
- Taiwan (Republic of China) has a statute of independence de facto since the withdrawal of Guomindang in 1949. However, the majority of the States recognize the territorial integrity Taiwan including , in spite of the victory of the freedom fighters in Taiwan, and being given the increasing geopolitical importance of the RPC.
Territorial claims during the decolonization
- François Mitterrand pointed out Algeria, it is France , following the territorial claims of the Algerian souverainists.
1954, the Vietnam acquired her territorial sovereignty.
|Random links:||629 | Mello | Tackle of sport | Grípisspá | Elizabeth port (Saint-Vincent-and them Grenadian) | Eternal Pyre | Jānis_Čakste|