See also: Temple (homonymy)
In general, a Greek temple is a place, a space, crowned placed under the protection of a divinity and where a rite is practiced. By extension, a temple is a religious building where the Culte returned with a divinity is celebrated.
In the direction more running to France today, it is the religious building of the reformed protesting S. Certain villages bearing this name refer on the other hand to an old establishment of Templiers. It is also the meeting room of a maconnic cabin : to see Temple maconnic.
The Temple , absolutely, indicates:
- the Temple of Jerusalem, the first temple built by Solomon with Xe century before Jesus-Christ, and of which there remain nothing; the second temple, which was rebuilt towards -536 and was renovated by Hérode. There was destroyed by Titus in the year 70, he remains only the Western Mur about it (Kotel);
- the Order of the Temple or order of Templiers , founded Religious order military at the 12th century with Jerusalem for the defense of the the Holy Sepulchre;
- with Paris, the Turn of the Temple, remains of an old monastery which was used as prison with Louis XVI and where its young person wire Louis died; by Métonymie the District of the Temple, located in the IIIe district where is in particular the Carreau of the Temple.
EtymologyIn Antiquity, the templum is the separate space of the rest of the world. It is about a space cut out in the sky using the Auspices, that the priests retranscribed on the ground; it is then about a crowned ground, inviolable, which also includes the building of the worship builds above.
Templum comes from the Indo-European Racine, which wants to say to cut out, a caesura.
- the Roman temples;
- the temple of Amon with Karnak;
- temples of Angkor, with the Kampuchea;
- the temple of Borobudur in the island of Java in Indonesia;
- the Parthenon, with Athens (see Greek Temple );
- the Temple of Artémis with Éphèse, one of the seven wonders of the world ancient;
- the the Pantheon of Rome, the temple of all the gods; the the Pantheon of Paris, the old Holy-Genevieve church transformed under the Revolution into Temple of the Reason;
- the temple of the Sun with Machu Picchu, which gave its name to an album of Tintin.
- the Greek temples of Sicily among are best preserved:
- Agrigente : temples of Héracles, Héra, the Harmony, Beaver and Pollux
- Sélinonte: temple E
- Syracuse: temple of Apollo
- the Temple of Solomon
- Samye: 1st temple of the Tibet (VIIIe century).
With the direction first of crowned space where is held a ritual, the site of the " Pierre with the nine steps " in Soubrebost, Creuse is interesting to consider. Probably devoted to a worship Celtic, Gallic, of solar nature, one does not know human sacrifices so were really carried out there as certain analyzes let it suppose.
A construction project of a Temple for Peace by the congregation Vajradhara-Ling in Normandy. This Temple will be a counterpart of that of Samye, first temple built with the Tibet, founded by Padmasambhava in VIIIe century.
- Mormon Temple
|Random links:||Protection against radiation | Apostolic vicariate | Armiñón | Anoplophora glabripennis | Fatty Enrico | Administration_d'avancement_de_travaux|