The Technical Objet ( OT ) is a object finalized with a utility aim .
Place de l'Objet Technique in the whole of the objectsOne will give the name of “Objet” to any thing concretes nonalive, regarded as a whole.
The objects thus defined are divided into two great groups
- the natural objects (Galet, star, flake of Neige…) Their study is except subject here.
- the finalized objects : those which are obtained by human intervention.
The finalized Objects divide in their turn:
- Objects Technical - those which interest us - and whose finality is to ensure a practical service of character, utility for the man.
- the fungibles objects : who disappear when they provide their function: ball of coal, tart (contain energy), board, angle, ingot of cast iron (semi-finished product).
- the others , mainly artistic creations (Statue S, table X, etc) which one could with leisure distribute in various groups - nonrelevant classification here.
The limit between these groups is fuzzy: does a ball of Golf have a utility function? For some perhaps, others not. It is an aspect which one should not certainly lose sight of the fact, but another more rational approach consists in saying: can such object be analyzed like a Technical Object? if so, it is one, if not, it goes in the other group (definition which supposes a theoretical OT of reference).
For the finalized objects " fungibles" , i.e. disappearing by providing their function (not to be confused with the Usure) it is possible to define a function of use, it is on the other hand sometimes difficult to analyze them in term of functional subsets (see below), which thus justifies to make a group with share of it.
Function of useThe function of use is the function for which the object was created or acquired. What does not exclude that the object in question is able to ensure of other functions more or less envisaged by the originator or the purchaser.
- thus a Electric bulb whose function of use is to get Lumière, produces a Chaleur parasite (one would like to know to make cold light), but this bulb becomes heating appliance in certain incubators of Poussin S.
- exploited (made useful): recovery of the heat of the engine for the heating of the cabin of a vehicle….
- ignored (neutral): noise for a lunar installation (impossible noise on the moon…)
- fought: heat for a bulb (output); production of waste for an atomic power station (pollution)
SubsetsTo provide the function of use, the Technical Object will obtain a certain number of under - functional units , each one having a function, element of a functional Chaîne leading to the realization of the function of usage.
To carry out this Technical Object concretely, one will subdivide it in constitutive subsets according to the relative sites, the matters, the processes of obtainings, etc.
Functional subsets and constitutive subsets do not coincide directly. Thus, for the spoon of the illustration, there is two subsets functional (the handle and the bowl), and two subsets constitutive : spoon-bases out of metal (which includes/understands the bowl plus the heart of the handle) and the trimmings of the handle (which constitutes only part of the functional subset " manche") (One forgets rivets and ring to simplify)
Functional subsetsThe simplest OT comprises two functional subsets at least
- the user interface: it is the part by which human (directly or not) control the object, at least its implementation.
- the function tool: it is the subset which in last analysis fulfills the function of the unit.
The functions are dependant according to a " programme" who can be represented by a functional Diagram, program which can be characterized in various ways.
- logically sequential (opening of the door mines: push growth) or chronologically sequential (washing machine)
- linear (stop at the end of the program) or cyclic (begins again at the end of the program)
- fixed or variable (always or not same functions)
Classification of the Technical ObjectsThe classification can be done according to the functions of use, but a function of use given, can answer a great diversity of OT conceived according to principles different and carried out by different techniques. Thus certain shears with metals are close to certain folding machines and other close relations of certain nibbling machines/routers. This made that one can conceive many possible classifications, and this, in connection with the utility of such a classification (commercial classification: presentation of a range of product etc)
|Random links:||Sculptor (dwarf galaxy) | Public finances | Wallace Wade Stadium | Roca line | Plasmas ultra-colds | Saint-Jacques_(Paris_Métro)|