StartupAt the end of the years 1950, Milan and Munich were connected by ten international Train S daily newspapers. These connections, which borrowed the route of the Brenner, crossing the collar with: 1370 m without Tunnel of ridge, were very slow. The fastest train, Alpen Express train , did not put less 10:43 to traverse the 593 km separating the two big cities (with admittedly 15 intermediate stops out of 3 different networks: the Italian Ferrovie dello Stato or FS, the Österreichische Bundesbahnen Austrian or ÖBB, the German Deutsche Bundesbahn or dB. This line bearing were electrified on the totality of its course, but presented 3 types different of running: 15 Kv 2/3 Hz of Munich to Brenner: 3700 V 16 2/3 Hz of Brenner with Bolzano, then succeeding the Alternative course of: 3000 V continuous of Bolzano to Milan, the TEE Mediolanum ensured for the first time the return ticket between the capital lombarde and the Bavarian city . The train, whose service was ensured by a Italian diesel motorized oar of ALn type 442-448 of FS, connected the two cities in 7:34 in the Milan-Munich direction, in 7:20 with the return (with 6 intermediate stops: Vérone, Thirty, Bolzano, Brenner at the border enters the Italy and the Austria, In, Kufstein at the border between the Austria and the Germany). Mediolanum (under classification 393/394 and 395/396 in Italy, TS 75-TS 76 in Austria, 75-76 in Germany) left Milan with 6:00 and arrived to Munich to 13:34; in the opposite direction, it left Bavaria with 15:45 and arrived to Lombardy to 23:05. The block speed had appreciably improved passing of 55,4 km/h for Alpen Express to 69,2 km/h in the even direction (at the beginning of Milan) and 71,1 km/h in the odd direction.
ExploitationThe duration of the course made that there was no notable change of schedule during all the duration of exploitation of this TEE, one remained about it on a departure early the morning of Milan and a return late the evening, the arrival and the departure of Munich being carried out in the afternoon. However, the departure of Milan, considered to be too morning, was pushed back 6:00 with 7:15 starting from the summer time 1958. In the odd direction, the profits were less spectacular, but appreciable: 7:20 in 1957, one arrived to 7:05 in 1960 (73,4 km/h) before passing to 7:00 in 1968 (74,1 km/h). These improvements were obtained in spite of an additional stop in station of Rovereto during the summer services of 1958 with 1968. It is to be announced that of 1958 and 1968 Mediolanum, ensured by a motorized Rame diesel, was twinned between the stations of Milan and of Vérone with an electric oar; starting from this last station, the two convoys separated, the electrical material carrying on its road until Venice. These last were made up of material TEE of FS, each convoy being formed of 2 cars with side corridor, of a central corridor car, a Voiture-restaurant, a van-generator. On the Italian lines, an electric Locomotive E 444 " Tartaruga" ensured traction until the Brenner, the relay was then taken by a machine of dB, type 110 or 112, on the sections Austrian and German. Run times were slightly lengthened and one returned at the durations of the end of the years 1960 corresponding to the best performances of the motorized Breda
|Random links:||Muriel Baptist | Ground (mythology) | Jean Bingen | Two Cross-Built (Angers) | Krystofer Kolanos | Aéroport_municipal_d'Atikokan|